Everyone is dumping their concerts!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
:cool:

On UU Marketplace right now, there is a Mya Moe supersoprano (concert scale neck), plus a Mya Moe concert, and also true concerts by Collings, Loprinzi, Kiwaya, Kanilea, Mainland, Big Island, KoAloha and even DaSilva.

Egads! Concerts are either the most popular size uke--or the least. LOL
Maybe they really are the "Jan Brady" of the uke world.

Great deals to be had by concert lovers, indeed. :D

Last edited:
People have finally figured out the only real ukulele size is sopranos. ::ducks::

I find myself playing Soprano, tenor, baritone and guitar. The concert is my least played uke. Maybe if I had one those fancy dancy mega buckaroo concerts instead of my Oscar Schmidt.....

I've always thought it strange that in the "what size do you play" polls that the concert percentage is usually close to tenor but there are always more tenors for sale. I guess we need a "how many of each size" poll

I started on a concert, moved to tenors, and after about two years, I find myself gravitating back to concerts again. I like the punchiness of a soprano but often need the extra fretting space on the tenor. The concert is the perfect compromise; in fact, my first (and possibly only) custom will be a concert. I'm almost sorry I comissioned it, as there are so many wonderful concerts showing up on the marketplace!

I'm on the fence. I really like the soprano portability and size, but the concert makes those barre 'dim' chords (like Cdim) a little easier to get. Almost makes me wonder if I should test the "super soprano" waters.

Concerts are those that want the best of both worlds: sound of the soprano and comfort of a tenor...too bad these products fail most of the time!! You can probably include tenors too as being a hybrid of the concert and baritone. I better sell my tenors too now!! :p

Concert is the only size I don't own......yet.

Concerts are those that want the best of both worlds: sound of the soprano and comfort of a tenor...too bad these products fail most of the time!! You can probably include tenors too as being a hybrid of the concert and baritone. I better sell my tenors too now!! :p

Daniel, put me on the list for your MB tenor if you ever sell it! :)

Last edited:
I went in the concert direction for a little while (from a resolute soprano guy who said he would never play a concert) because I prefer the Low G sound on a concert. I now have two but am thinking of selling one for another soprano, which would give me all sopranos except one (strung low G). I think I can justify having more than one soprano around but not more than one concert. Weird I know, but I am really a soprano guy from the start and have no desire to own a tenor (not that I wouldn't keep one around if I got a really nice one as a gift, say, hint hint). I am way more interested in the sound now than in the way a uke looks or what brand it is.

my two cents....

I have not played my tenor in a couple of months. I'm probably at 70/30 concert/soprano. Tenor will go up for sale here or ebay soon.

Top Bottom