Makapili Terz Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Reaction score
I am reluctantly selling the only Terz guitar that I have made.

It is used, has scratches on the top, and a few minor imerfections that do not affect playability, or sound.

This instrument has a stunning sound. The top is Sinker Redwood, back and sides are salvaged Mahogany (At least I believe that it is some type of Mahogany) that I rescued from a pile of firewood on a little alley in Hanoi. The neck is African Mahogany, and the fretboard is Indian Rosewood.

The scale length is 21", and it is currently tuned GCFA#DG with Savarez Alliance strings. It sings...

It will come in a Carbon Fiber case that has stickers and scratches on it, but is really strong and light. I have taken it as a carryon on airplanes all around the world, and it fits easily in the overhead bin. Airline assistants have only smiled when they have seen it.

I am in Washington State, in the US, so it will ship from here.

$1100 including a carbon fiber case and shipping

Take care,

Thomas

Attachments

• DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN0416.jpg
    DSCN0416.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0424.jpg
    DSCN0424.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hi Thomas,
So surprised to see a Makapili on the Marketplace!
- Your Terz looks Nice! - A lot like the Baritone uke of yours, that you kindly sold me a while back. :)
That baritone sounds amazing, as do both the pineapple concerts of yours I have.
What tuners did you use on the Terz, how wide is the nut, and how does the body size compare to the one on the bari?

Ed -

Great to hear from you Ed.
The tuners on the Terz are open back geared Grover tuners. The nut is 2 inches, and the body is made from the same exact mold as your Baritone. Same woods too actually, extept this top is a little finer grained, but not as perfectly quartersawn. It did have a better tap tone though.

This instrument sounds as good as anything I have ever made, easily.

Take care,
Thomas

I have decided to sell this instrument after all. The price is $1100 including shipping and a carbon fiber case. This is a great instrument, and anyone interested in a guitarlele or terz guitar will be thrilled with the sound.

Hi Gang,
I stopped in to finally meet Thomas, and checked out the Terz he has on offer, this Spring. It is very nice - if I had the funds, I would snag it for myself! - I wonder if he he has a 'lay-away' payment plan ? -:)o) pic of me and Thomas, on a couple of his ukes, and Thomas outside of his shop- uuthomas crop.jpguu thomas 002.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures Ed. Unfortunately I am not in a position that I can do lay-away right now. Space is a premium for me right now, as you know. Take care, Thomas

Hi Everyone,

I am leaving Seattle today to drive to Cleveland then Charleston, SC and will have this instrument and an Indian Rosewood and Port Orford Cedar Nylon String Parlor Guitar ($1100 without a case) with me that I am selling. If anyone is near I 90 or I77 and would like to meet up somewhere to see the instruments in person.

I arrived in Charleston, so this no longer applies.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
When I was up to see Thomas over the weekend I took a bunch of pics. He asked if I would post a few pics of the terz and parlor guitars he is selling-Makapili group 060.jpgMakapili group 062.jpgMakapili group 033.jpgMakapili group 036.jpgMakapili group 037.jpg

I am now in Cleveland, if anyone is in the area and would like to see this instrument. It is still available for sale. I would also be happy to ship this instrument worldwide. Price is still $1100 including the carbon fiber case and worldwide shipping.

These instruments are heading to Asheville today, and Charleston tomorrow.

Take care,
Thomas

The Terz Guitar is now Sold. Thanks.

Take care,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom