My first trip to MAUI any recommendations from UU members

davo17

Reaction score
Ukulele shops not to miss ? Shows worth going to ect.?

thanks for any advice
we are staying for 10 days IN Kihei
thanks

Last edited:
I bought my first ukulele at Bounty Music. Nice folks there. Be sure to go to Komoda Store in Makawao and get some cream puffs. Go early. You're welcome! :)

I love Maui. Snorkeling on Napili is one of my favorite memories. I wasn't a uke player until after we returned, but if you want suggestins on places to go feel free to ask!

Go to dinner at the Hula Grill in the Whalers Village. Check out on line, the schedule of entertainment for dinner cause Derick Sebastian plays there and he is one great person. Loves to meet uke players, talk story etc. If you go there make sure you ask for a table outside!!

Going snorkeling? This outfit is a bit pricy but...... all you need is your swim suit and sun glasses. They pick you up at your place, buffet breakfast, mid morning snack, all equipment, hot buffet lunch, beer, wine, champange, soft drinks, towels, sun lotion etc. It is on a 2.5 million catamaran that holds 125 people but they only bring 40. The boat sails back to the dock and the captain will let you drive the boat!!! TONS of turtles if you go to the day the boat goes to Turtle Point. Boat also goes to Molokini Crater the other days, they alternate. Best is the "point" cause your boat will most likely be the only one there!!! This trip is WELL worth the money and I go on it every time I get to Maui. :cool:

Free play along to Hawaiian Music at the Keolahou Church with 808Ukejam group in Kihei every Thursday night
from 7 - 8:30. Great upbeat energy. Doors open at 6:30. Come early, parking is crowded

I'll be in Maui too this weekend! I second The Hula Grill. I saw Derick Sebastian the last time I was there and he's a great entertainer. But yeah Lahaina Music, Bounty Music, and Mele are the places to check out. Maybe I'll see you there!

So i appreciate all the helpful advice , not getting there till the 10th so Eric unless your staying a long time we won't probably cross paths, But i have seen some of your great vids on u-tube Dude you are a great singer and player my hats off to you. Wish i had 1/10th of your talent,
Dave

Going snorkeling? This outfit is a bit pricy but...... all you need is your swim suit and sun glasses. They pick you up at your place, buffet breakfast, mid morning snack, all equipment, hot buffet lunch, beer, wine, champange, soft drinks, towels, sun lotion etc. It is on a 2.5 million catamaran that holds 125 people but they only bring 40. The boat sails back to the dock and the captain will let you drive the boat!!! TONS of turtles if you go to the day the boat goes to Turtle Point. Boat also goes to Molokini Crater the other days, they alternate. Best is the "point" cause your boat will most likely be the only one there!!! This trip is WELL worth the money and I go on it every time I get to Maui. :cool:

Maybe I missed something (happens a lot) but I don't see where you ever mentioned the name of the snorkeling outfit you're talking about. (If you did, then "D'oh!")

Maybe I missed something (happens a lot) but I don't see where you ever mentioned the name of the snorkeling outfit you're talking about. (If you did, then "D'oh!")

I went with the four winds crew to Molokini. It was 12 years ago, but we liked it and I think they still operate.

So i appreciate all the helpful advice , not getting there till the 10th so Eric unless your staying a long time we won't probably cross paths, But i have seen some of your great vids on u-tube Dude you are a great singer and player my hats off to you. Wish i had 1/10th of your talent,
Dave

Thanks for the kind words! Too bad we'll be leaving Maui before the 10th. Enjoy your trip!

I'll be in Maui too this weekend! I second The Hula Grill. I saw Derick Sebastian the last time I was there and he's a great entertainer. But yeah Lahaina Music, Bounty Music, and Mele are the places to check out. Maybe I'll see you there!

Have a great vacay Eric.

Top Bottom