Who Are Your Top Four Ukers That Inspires You To Play the Ukulele..

Kimo Hussey
Aldrine
Flea Bitten Dawgs
Rio Saito

Dr Bekken
John Bianchi
Cliff Edwards
Lil Rev

But there are so many wonderful, inspiring players out there. I could go on and on and... :)

I owe a lot to Aldrine and his lessons, but the style/sound I'm chasing is a combo of (in no particular order):

Eugene Ukulele
Dr. Bekken
Aaron Keim

(Three is plenty for me to emulate at the moment!)

1) Corey
2) That "I'm Yours" baby who can play better than me
3) Japanese people
4) Warren Buffet

You like I change 'um, da title I mean . . .

Not inspire as much as help appreciate the Uke

Bill Tapia
Troy Fernandez
Brittni Paiva
Herb Ohta

Sorry, but there are many more than four for me. I'm most inspired day-to-day by the participants in the Seasons of the Ukulele contests. Viva las Seasonistas!!

As for famous uke players, I love Eddie Kamae, Herb Ohta, May Singhi Breen, and Cliff Edwards.

Last edited:
Lyle Ritz, Lyle Ritz, Lyle Ritz and Lyle Ritz

Jake
Brittni
Ohta
Iz

Kimo Hussey
Lyle Ritz
Jake Shimabukuro
Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain

Last edited:
Iz
Jake
Eddie Veder
Aldrine

Iz and Rainbow for introducing my to the instrument as a real instrument.
Jake because everytime someone makes a Tiny Tim reference I just play one of his YouTube videos and they shut up.
Eddie Veder because I've always loved Pearl Jam and his music.
Aldrine for all of his awesome lessons online.

Alternates would be James Hill because he is as awesmoe as Jake although very different.
Jim Beloff for his great books that were my first books I learned from.
My father, not much of a uke player, much better guitarist, but for passing on a love of music and stringed instruments to me.

Kalei Gamiao
Brittni Paiva
Jake
James Hill
Manitoba Hal
Lil Rev

ok, so it's 6....

I don't look for or listen to "professional" ukulele players so I can't say there are any players who currently inspire me to play the ukulele. The players who inspired (past tense) me to seek out the ukulele and start playing were all casual players who looked like they were having a lot of fun playing. I don't think any of them are necessarily seeking to be great players but seemed to be in it for the fun.

William H. Macy
Kate Micucci
Tony Danza
Zoey Deschanel

I think I saw all of them play a uke on TV in the span of 1 or 2 years and it piqued my curiosity to the point of wanting to try and then actually buying a ukulele.

Ooops! I forgot George Harrison. He can have Tony Danza's spot! :^D

Last edited:
Top Bottom