Sound City Ramblings

stuben

Reaction score
Ok I finally got around to watching this documentary on DVD Saturday night and really enjoyed it. Recommend it to anyone with an interest in R&R, recording, technology, history etc. Some insights from heavy hitters on how recording has changed for better/worse. And in case you have not already seen it, yes there is ukulele in it, you have to wait until the end, and I'm pretty sure you'll be blown away, yeah, yeah, yeah. Even on my cheapo 5:1
"surround sound" stereo, the sound was amazing. Of course it was, er, digital.

Praise allah, some folks are still making some real music with real instruments, together in a studio, and recording to tape!

On the down side, this film reminds you that we have given up a lot, accoustically speaking. Long ago I ditched my LPs for CDs, now all converted to MPEG, but that sense of loss is there. Not that I'd want to give up my trusty ipod, though.

Anyway this film entertained and informed in equal measure. A must watch for audiophiles and rock fanatics. And ukulele types.

Rock on.
Stu

That was a fantastic movie/documentary. Lots of history in that one. Time well spent.

Top Bottom