Ukelele Orchestra of the Western Hemisphere video, "Be My Baby"

gtrgrapher

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViIedSZxq0

Please enjoy our cover of the Ronettes/Phil Spector classic "Be My Baby". We are a Los Angeles based performing group of 16+ ukes. Currently, we are finalists in a prestigious video contest sponsored by the Wrecking Crew music documentary. We are the ONLY UKES represented. There are only two days left to vote and the and the link to vote is on the youtube video page. If you like what you see, please show us some uke love - vote - and share with as many friends as possible in the next 48 hours. Thanks so much! (Click on link above.)

That was fun, but the voting address didn't work for me.

http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/videocontest.php

No excuses now! ;)

Though to be fair, there does seem to be a hidden character or two hidden away in the link provided on the YT channel. If you cut and paste that link into a browser it resolves to http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/videocontest.ph­p - which, unsurprisingly, returns a 404. '%AD' is html character code for a soft hyphen, btw, so you can probably figure out what went wrong from that piece of information alone

Last edited:
This was really cool! So fun to watch everyone uke'in out and having such a grand time!!! It looked like a blast!!! Thanks for sharing!

Um, yes, there is. It requires giving an email address and allowing them to add you to their mailing list. That's kinda right up there with requiring a Facebook account to vote. I don't do FB, and I won't register with a site to vote or give them my email to use for their own advantage (or whatever else they may do with it, since they don't even have a privacy policy posted).

And the OP hasn't been back, doesn't look like they want to be part of the UU community, just came here to solicit votes.

<Just call me a crusty curmudgeon.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViIedSZxq0

Please enjoy our cover of the Ronettes/Phil Spector classic "Be My Baby". We are a Los Angeles based performing group of 16+ ukes. Currently, we are finalists in a prestigious video contest sponsored by the Wrecking Crew music documentary. We are the ONLY UKES represented. There are only two days left to vote and the and the link to vote is on the youtube video page. If you like what you see, please show us some uke love - vote - and share with as many friends as possible in the next 48 hours. Thanks so much! (Click on link above.)

fantastico!

Um, yes, there is. It requires giving an email address and allowing them to add you to their mailing list. That's kinda right up there with requiring a Facebook account to vote. I don't do FB, and I won't register with a site to vote or give them my email to use for their own advantage (or whatever else they may do with it, since they don't even have a privacy policy posted).

And the OP hasn't been back, doesn't look like they want to be part of the UU community, just came here to solicit votes.

<Just call me a crusty curmudgeon.>

Fair enough. I only replied to this thread 'cos your own OP
That was fun, but the voting address didn't work for me.
seemed to imply that you'd wanted to vote, but couldn't. I fixed the link to allow that to happen. My interpretation, my responsibility, obvs.

As to sites like this requiring an email address to register (which I'll want to do from time to time: sometimes in order to vote in contests like this; more often to access a wi-fi Hotspot in a department store, hotel, or bar), I have set up an second email account precisely for these situations. It contains no contacts, other than the addresses of all the other marketeers that have required an email address, and I never post to it; other than replying to confirm that the address exists, if required to complete the registration. I use it like the small-ads section of the local newspaper, I'll dip in from time to time if I'm looking for something, but not otherwise.

Top Bottom