Slide Ukulele?

konut

Reaction score
Just curious, anyone know of a performer that has done slide work on a uke?

There used to be a player called the dirty johnson who played
a lot of slide with harmonica and so on.I think he was from
Australia,and not sure if he was a member on here?
On you tube his name was 'thedirtyjohnson' without spaces!

Check out the Mya-Moe lap steel uke. Great for slide work. It has steel strings and a square neck.

Bao, fumanshu as he's known around here, had Mike Pereira make him a lap ukulele. Not sure if it's a square neck, but I think it probably is, as it's got raised strings. He's done at least one YouTube video with it.

There used to be a player called the dirty johnson who played
a lot of slide with harmonica and so on.I think he was from
Australia,and not sure if he was a member on here?
On you tube his name was 'thedirtyjohnson' without spaces!

He was awesome, I wonder what happened to him.

Bao, fumanshu as he's known around here, had Mike Pereira make him a lap ukulele. Not sure if it's a square neck, but I think it probably is, as it's got raised strings. He's done at least one YouTube video with it.

It's true that I have a MP slide uke...it's a squareneck uke that Mike build for me a few years ago. Action is very high just lik ea squareneck or lap settel guitar. It was totally a new experience for Mike and it was a success!!!! Anyway, you can hear, listen and watch a few vids and a few tracks that I play my lap uke on my Youtube or soundcloud ......

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

I have a couple of lap steel giitars that are tuned to open G and open D. What open tunings do folks use for lap slide ukes?

Top Bottom