Seasonistas at UWC?

mattydee

Reaction score
Can we get a roll call of who's planning to make it to UWC (Ukulele World Congress, in Needmore Indiana May 30-June 1)? Maybe we should try to do a group bonus for whoever's week it is on Saturday!

I'll be there... Who else?

Of course you are! All it takes is a single entry! See you there, Tim!

Yep, and bringing son Matt (16) who has played on at least one video with me so he should count, too. He mostly plays guitar and has taught himself a fair bit on the ocarina although he doesn't know anyone else who plays it. This is a you tube channel he made to raise money for the music program at his former school. The choir director there is very good and she made a big impression on him musically:
http://www.youtube.com/iamanothermusicman

daveey! can't wait to meet you there next year.

Great idea I'm totally in Matty! Maybe do one for the current season Sat before midnight and one for the next one after midnight? Skidoo, is going to be there, we're working on some duet stuff. Myrna, you'll be there, right?

Great idea I'm totally in Matty! Maybe do one for the current season Sat before midnight and one for the next one after midnight? Skidoo, is going to be there, we're working on some duet stuff. Myrna, you'll be there, right?

Brilliant idea, Alan!

A bit far to go for me just now. :eek:ld:

Anyway, I shall be at a small local folk festival over that weekend.

The truth is, because of our past medical histories, travel insurance is just too expensive for travel outside Europe for both of us.

Well...I don't know if I can legitimately call myself a seasonista since the job has been interfering with life the last several months - I don't think I've managed to make but about two of the last fifteen seasons! Haven't even had time to do more than skim the highlights of the videos without even commenting. I feel so unworthy... :(

But, I will be at UWC. Even that was in danger and I was getting worried because of the high visibility of the current project (regulatory interest not only from US regulators but European and Canadian as well) but we had a staff meeting today and the boss basically said, "yeah, we're up against the wall, but take your vacation - you scheduled it a year ago and you've sure has heck earned it" (or words to that affect). Man, I love that woman, in a platonic sort of way (have to be careful 'cause she's also cute and I don't need any misunderstandings from my Mrs!).

Hey...if I am still a seasonista, though, I have a thought - why don't all of us that make UWC get our heads together and do a song together for open mic Saturday night? Most of the cabins do cabin songs. And there are a lot of other groups that form on the basis of one commonality or another (last year Seeso put together a group just because we'd been fooling around harmonizing around some old tunes the night before).

So, what do you say? What's a good candidate song? Needs to be something simple that we can pull together quickly and should reflect the spirit of the seasons...

John

This thread is killing me. :(

I sympathize brother, especially after the big scare of thinking I might not make it this year. Your year is coming. Just hang on to that!

Start planning now to make it next year - if you can manage to put together tickets to get to the site with or without the family I'll find a way to make sure you (and, if they're along, yours) have a roof (or at least a tent) over your head! In fact, if you can make it to Chicago, IL or Indianapolis, IN (I believe that both are ports of entry and possibly have direct flights from Oz) I'll commit right now to meeting you at either airport and providing transportation to the site - assuming you can abide a few hours of my lame jokes in the car!

UWC seems always to have some good Aussie representation - but we needs us some Eugene, too!

John

Myrna, you'll be there, right?

It was good to meet Myrna from AK and several of the SEUker bunch last year. Would be good to see all of you again. I don't know if the Wolfe Man with an E has done any Seasons videos, but he's usually there, right?

Matt Dahlberg (sp?) usually makes it and he qualifies as a Seasonista.

Would also be good to see Daveey and Jon - you guys need to get it together for next year!

John

Would also be good to see Daveey and Jon - you guys need to get it together for next year!

John

I have already started saving, I looked into booking a flight ,but they won't let me pre book so far in advance. The wife wants me to go on my own as she is not into ukes lol,I m aiming to come over for two weeks,if I can save enough and also fend off my UAS',have a great time and I will be there in spirit, all the best from me

this year was going to be the year i made my return visit to needmore but as the dates seem to have shifted a week it has thrown a huge spanner in the works for me,

Top Bottom