Bad times in Moore Ok.

dismount

Reaction score
Just a note to keep us in your thoughts tornado missed me by 150 yards at work. wae outran tornado waited too long to seek shelter and it was so wide had to break sound barrier to get out of the way but got a closup look of the monster. I swear that thing was alive and breathing! just now able to get to internet spent 4 hours driving 6 miles back home today. But I have a house to go to and no family killed or injured. Lost some good friends though! Phil

WE were watching Fox News all evening yesterday. The devastation is incredible! This is a major U.S. tragedy. I hope that we all give generously to help out our American brothers and sisters.

Keeping all of you in my thoughts.

What a horrible thing that tornado was! I'm keeping the victims of the tornado and their families and friends in my thoughts today. Also, after watching recent tragedies like the factory collapse in Bangladesh, I'm thankful to live in a country with a government stable enough to help those touched by this tragedy get back on their feet.

I found this really touching image of a nurse comforting a dying dog that was injured by the tornado. No gore, but quite a tearjerker. :(

Grab your kleenex

My hearfelt condolence to ones who have lost family or friends.....and ones who have lost homes and property....such a tragic devastation on natural disasters...my prayers to all affected...

Glad you're safe and sorry for any friends you lost. That is definitely a rough time. I was so relieved to see when the casualty count was lowered and the fire chief said he was pretty confident they'd found all the victims. Still a tragedy, of course, but I'd had thoughts of forty or fifty dead kids from those elementary schools...

I visited a friend of mine in Springfield, MO about a month after the big tornado that hit Joplin, MO. I didn't want to be one of those guys getting in the way on my way through so I stayed on I44 but even from there you could tell the area was reeling.

John

I have no words,... such a horrible thing. My heart breaks for those involved.

Glad you're safe and sorry for any friends you lost. That is definitely a rough time. I was so relieved to see when the casualty count was lowered and the fire chief said he was pretty confident they'd found all the victims. Still a tragedy, of course, but I'd had thoughts of forty or fifty dead kids from those elementary schools...

I visited a friend of mine in Springfield, MO about a month after the big tornado that hit Joplin, MO. I didn't want to be one of those guys getting in the way on my way through so I stayed on I44 but even from there you could tell the area was reeling.

John

I know... tragic that even one child dies, but I was glad to see the losses weren't as great as initially thought.

I also am at a loss for words especially at the loss of a child. My thoughts and prayers to the those who were affected.

It tears my heart out. My daughter and her husband live outside of Edmond. The tornado that touched down on Sunday came within a half-mile of their house. Both she and her husband were hunkered in the storm shelter, and thankfully, no harm came to them. I Talked to her this afternoon, and she said it is very sad. She works in OK City and she said that one of her co-workers lives in the Moore community and lost everything.

I spent last week in Tuscaloosa, AL with Samaritan's Purse, hanging vinyl siding on a house that was destroyed in the tornado that swept through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham 2 years ago. The stories we heard from the home owner of the house we worked on and others that we met, stories of incredible destruction, and stories of heartwarming compassion and coming together as a community, made me stop and realize what really is important.
The current events in Oklahoma is a sobering reminder as to how fragile life really is. As one of my friends that worked on the house with me said, "we're not only re-building a house, we are re-building our lives together." Community is so important to all of us. My prayers are out for our friends in Moore, OK.

Forgive my rambling.

It tears my heart out. My daughter and her husband live outside of Edmond. The tornado that touched down on Sunday came within a half-mile of their house. Both she and her husband were hunkered in the storm shelter, and thankfully, no harm came to them. I Talked to her this afternoon, and she said it is very sad. She works in OK City and she said that one of her co-workers lives in the Moore community and lost everything.

I spent last week in Tuscaloosa, AL with Samaritan's Purse, hanging vinyl siding on a house that was destroyed in the tornado that swept through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham 2 years ago. The stories we heard from the home owner of the house we worked on and others that we met, stories of incredible destruction, and stories of heartwarming compassion and coming together as a community, made me stop and realize what really is important.
The current events in Oklahoma is a sobering reminder as to how fragile life really is. As one of my friends that worked on the house with me said, "we're not only re-building a house, we are re-building our lives together." Community is so important to all of us. My prayers are out for our friends in Moore, OK.

Forgive my rambling.

thanks for the above from all of us.
to the OP, prayers headed your way
d

We watched the reports with horror. But I was even more horrified at the insensitive BBC reporter who asked dumb questions like:
"Why would you build a school in a tornado prone area?"

The reporting got a little too close to "disaster entertainment" for comfort, at times.

My heart goes out to all of those who have lost a relative, houses can be rebuilt, people can never be replaced.

We watched the reports with horror. But I was even more horrified at the insensitive BBC reporter who asked dumb questions like:
"Why would you build a school in a tornado prone area?"
There's generally a reason a person is a reporter instead of, say, a doctor or college professor or psychiatrist or rocket scientist...

If I had an ukulele for every time I've seen a reporter ask a bereaved family member a completely insensitive and downright asinine question after a tragedy I'd have more ukuleles than HMS... Of course...maybe the fact that reporters keep doing that says more about the people watching them than it does about the reporters...

John

Yes John there is always hype to get people to watch there coverage. One good thing on local news was felicity Huffman helping here in moore today and she got alittle teary eyed as she talked. Oklahoma does its own f.e.m.a. work to take care of our own. The school had a meeting today and the last thing said was don't second guess what you did Monday inhandling your kids at school Monday. Phil

So glad to hear you're okay. I live over by Penn Square, and it's horrible to think of what happened just a few miles away. I practically grew up in the area behind the Warren, my aunt and uncle lived there when I was a kid, spent a lot of time there, so it's really haunting to see the total destruction of an area you're so familiar with.

I work for a local children's nonprofit, and we spent Tuesday trying to contact members and their families to make sure they were okay and trying to see how we can help. It was totally surreal. Living here my entire life, you'd think you could handle it, but every time it happens, it hurts just as bad.

:)

Top Bottom