Boat paddle Kayak is here!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The wait is over! It came in a day earlier than expected. Spent the whole day taking it with me and getting in playing time here and there. LOVE IT! It has wonderful sustain, my wife says it's not as bright as the sceptre (concert) I normally play, the volume is perfect. That is exactly what I told Jerry I wanted because I am just starting to learn to pick leads. I made a video so you can see and hear it. The sound quality is awful on the recording (not in person) but my enjoyment level was high! Ha! If you can tolerate the singing, I just pick it at the end. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Congratulations! What I beautiful sounding instrument. Hopefully, my next will be a Kayak.

welcome to the cult, Sorry, club!!
I love mine.
If you come to UWC you will see a ton

...and if you come to the Mighty MO Ukefest in July you will see a million tons!!! (Yes, I know, eastern NC is not exactly next to Missouri, but you would see a million tons of them!)

Congrats on your new Kayak!

I'd like to get to Might MO Ukefest but have conflicting plans.

I'm in KC. I need to get out to Boat Paddle. I like the look of the Kayak. Would love a just-for-me instrument.

The wait is over! It came in a day earlier than expected. Spent the whole day taking it with me and getting in playing time here and there. LOVE IT! It has wonderful sustain, my wife says it's not as bright as the sceptre (concert) I normally play, the volume is perfect. That is exactly what I told Jerry I wanted because I am just starting to learn to pick leads. I made a video so you can see and hear it. The sound quality is awful on the recording (not in person) but my enjoyment level was high! Ha! If you can tolerate the singing, I just pick it at the end. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Sweet sounding uke! Congratulations.

They really do open up after about a month or so of playing. So, it will even be sweeter.

That's how I thought about this one....just for me. I like the design, volume, action, sustain and the scale of a tenor. I am trusting this will get me to start trying to pick lead breaks. Only dislike I have is the gig bag it came in. This uke is way to nice to be carried around in that. Hardsell case will be ordered this week hopefully. As for getting out to BP I would have loved to have done taht too but it was not available. I had never held or seen one in person but I rolled the dice on one (after asking a lot of questions) and am not disappointed. Hope you get yourself one too!
Congrats on your new Kayak!

I'd like to get to Might MO Ukefest but have conflicting plans.

I'm in KC. I need to get out to Boat Paddle. I like the look of the Kayak. Would love a just-for-me instrument.

I was wondering about the wood combo you picked. It sounds great, btw. Did Jerry says how the walnut back and sides would differ in tone?

I think my UAS is flaring up. Nice.

Top Bottom