Saw Aldrine play

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
I flew in to Kauai today and caught Aldrine and Aaron at Oasis on the Beach. All I can say is "Wow!" I have seen dozens of his videos, and we all know he is great, but in person he is simply amazing. If anyone has a chance to catch him live, DO IT!

one day I hope to play 1/100th a well as he does.

You lucky bar steward! ;)

He's the reason I picked up the instrument. He was playing at the resort we were staying at back in 2009 and we just loved him. Imagine a guy singing and playing ukulele at a small tikki bar being the highlight of your 2 week trip in Hawaii! He's that good.

Glad you were able to catch his show. Have a great vacation CJ!

I flew in to Kauai today and caught Aldrine and Aaron at Oasis on the Beach. All I can say is "Wow!" I have seen dozens of his videos, and we all know he is great, but in person he is simply amazing. If anyone has a chance to catch him live, DO IT!

one day I hope to play 1/100th a well as he does.
Awesome!!! I've seen him play a couple of times. Last year in Denver he blew the roof off the place. He gives 150% when he performs. And his tone!!! Lucky you.

Nice CJ..

I saw Aldrine in Feb at the Ukulele picnic..then spoke with him..very nice humble guy
growing up on Kauai made like that..and he spreads the Aloha spirit all over the World..

have fun I will see you next week..i will try to get Stan to out with us..KoAloha then HMS for sure

take care bruddah..you should be nice and relaxed by now..i hope
see you

Last edited:
Don't forget to take the kids to Lydgate beach. They'll have a blast chasing fish and playing in the water behind the sea wall.

And don't forget to get malasadas from the lady in front of K-Mart in Lihue. Kind of far from where you're staying, but you have to get one (or a dozen).

Don't forget to take the kids to Lydgate beach. They'll have a blast chasing fish and playing in the water behind the sea wall.

And don't forget to get malasadas from the lady in front of K-Mart in Lihue. Kind of far from where you're staying, but you have to get one (or a dozen).

or just wait until you get to Oahu...Malasadas at Leonards. Bring a dozen to the guys at Koaloha and they'll give you a special tour! HAHA

Got to move this thread off of malasadas. Does Aldrine ever play on Oahu? I'll be over for a few weeks in June and July.

Got to move this thread off of malasadas. Does Aldrine ever play on Oahu? I'll be over for a few weeks in June and July.

No love for malasadas?

As far as I know, he only plays "events" on Oahu like the Ukulele Picnic a few months back. He and Aaron play the Oasis and Rob's Goodtimes Grill regularly on Kauai, where they live.

You've convinced me I need to add Kauai to the agenda for my hawaii trip next year. Hope the rest of your vacation is just as fantastic!

You have no clue..it is all about the malasadas..have you ever tried one..I bet no..
Aldrine might be at the Ukulele Festival this year eating a malasada

you can not be trusted if you do not like the malasada..

CJ find the malasada lady on Kauai.....Lol

CJ, how many days you gonna hang out with Len? Better question is how much damage to your wallet as Len will take you to the good places!! LOL

You have no clue..it is all about the malasadas..have you ever tried one..I bet no..
Aldrine might be at the Ukulele Festival this year eating a malasada

you can not be trusted if you do not like the malasada..

CJ find the malasada lady on Kauai.....Lol

Au contraire - I love malasadas and am getting really hungry for one. It's only the fact that I can't get them in AZ that keeps me from them every day. When I go to Oahu, I stay on Kapahulu by the zoo, and convince myself that the 1.4 mile walk to Leonards burns off all the calories - a claim that would not hold up to much scrutiny.

I'll keep my eyes open for Aldrine in Oahu. Went to the uke festival 2 years ago and it was great, but will miss it this year.

Au contraire - I love malasadas and am getting really hungry for one. It's only the fact that I can't get them in AZ that keeps me from them every day. When I go to Oahu, I stay on Kapahulu by the zoo, and convince myself that the 1.4 mile walk to Leonards burns off all the calories - a claim that would not hold up to much scrutiny.

I'll keep my eyes open for Aldrine in Oahu. Went to the uke festival 2 years ago and it was great, but will miss it this year.

I thought I recognized you!!

:) I was there two years ago too. Jake was awesome with that little girl who wanted to play with him. Last year they had a tent set up for the performers to play extra numbers. It was amazing. Still haven't had the opportunity to see Kimo Hussey play live.

Some day.

Malasadas or Beignets?
I had Beignets in New Orleans recently... Didn't live up to the hype. Krispy Kreme is much better. I'll give Malasadas a try. I went to a place that was recommended due to strawberry cheesecake Malasadas on the Big Island, but they were closed... I'll be on the lookout for KMart lady when I head to Lihue.

Top Bottom