strumsilly

Reaction score
especially since I play mostly tenors.
from left to right
GIBSON, sOUTHCOAST LINEAR [G]
PONO P-B ,WITH PASSIVE PICK UP, DIADDORIO BARITONE [D]
LANIKAI S-B, SOUTHCOAST FLATWOUND [A]
LANIKAI LU-21 AQUILA BARITONE [D]
thinking I really only need to keep just one of each size and the 2 best tenors one reentrant [Sceptre] and one low G [k-1] both have pickups, as I occasionally play with a group that does live charity gigs[for gratis] .
DSC03915.jpg
which one should I keep, I got the Lanikais because they were cheap, the sprucetop was damaged, has a chip on the back and a repaired crack [and a bad scratch on top. it sounds super though, especially with the flatwounds. the lu21 WAS A GAMBLERS SPECIAL, and I won, it was perfect, and really cheap. sounds amazing for the price.

Last edited:
which one should I keep
I would think you'd be in a better position to answer that. By reputation, I'd say the Pono, but what do I know?

He He Andy..Let me know if you are selling your Gibson...you know I been waiting patiently... :)
You don't say anything about the playability of the Gibson. If there is no clear cut fave, I'd keep the Gibson (sorry Stan...). There are a ton of Ponos out there and they are nice instruments, my Bari is a Pono, but I'd trade it for a nice Gibson if given the chance. I also play tenors mostly, but i have plans to upgrade my Bari by the end of the year with a Mya Moe.

The gibson is probably the easiest to play, the neck is narrower but beefier, very round profile, and the frets are huge, something about that combo that really works, it is a joy to fingerpick. and they are kinda rare.

I would keep the Gibson and the Pono. Tune one to Linear A and one to Bb with the new Southcoast HL-SWs.

Another vote for the GIBSON!!!!!!!!!!!

<impression mode="Tina Turner">
What's 'need' got to do with it?
</impression>

Mmmmmmmmmmm, that Gibson is pretty sweet.

If it were me, I'd keep it. Of course, if you decide to sell it, there seems to be a nice queue building.

Top Bottom