New Custom Uke Day

BlueLatitude

Reaction score
Actually it arrived Monday, but it took a couple of days to get a sound sample organized. It's a friend of mine playing, not me.

Since everyone says you should buy with your ears, I thought you'd enjoy hearing it before seeing it! Sort of anonymously, I suppose. :cool:

It's a concert size. I hope you like the sound! There's another sample of it at SoundCloud too.

http://soundcloud.com/lazylemur/downtown

Last edited:
Congrats did you get a Anakoneke uke steve....hmmmmm nice sound and playing...thank you...:)

Congrats did you get a Anakoneke uke steve....hmmmmm nice sound and playing...thank you...:)

Yup Stan, I did! (I'm Gillian, Steve is my friend who played the sample.) And it's your fault, you know -- you gave such a nice review of your Anakoneke that I said to myself, I should check that out, and the next thing I knew I'd ordered one. :D

Congrats on such a great sounding uke. Please post some pic when you have time. Antonette does such great work.

Yup Stan, I did! (I'm Gillian, Steve is my friend who played the sample.) And it's your fault, you know -- you gave such a nice review of your Anakoneke that I said to myself, I should check that out, and the next thing I knew I'd ordered one. :D
Alooha Gillian...
Yes I play my anakoneke every day...I recently threw on some Oasis strings which made my uke sound real sweet....you should try them.... I think strings by mail has them..
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/ukulele-strings-684/oasis-ukulele-strings-2521/ happy strummings....

Oh, that's interesting... I even happen to have Oasis strings sitting at home. They are very nice strings!!!

Here are some pictures of the uke. The wood is Ancient Kauri (front back and sides and peghead veneer), the rosette is brain sapele, and it has rosewood bindings. The bird is a Bellbird or Korimako, considered to be the most beautiful singer of all of New Zealand's birds.

380783_610842952260870_2036525916_n.jpgDSC09913.jpgDSC09917.jpgDSC09960.jpg

Attachments

• 380783_610842952260870_2036525916_n.jpg
    380783_610842952260870_2036525916_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 34

Congratulations! Your Anakoneke looks and sounds great! I've met Toni a few times (we both live in San Francisco) and largely based on Stan's rave review of his own Anakoneke, I'm on her build list (start date July 1) for a tenor, so I understand what you went through.

Congratulations! Your Anakoneke looks and sounds great! I've met Toni a few times (we both live in San Francisco) and largely based on Stan's rave review of his own Anakoneke, I'm on her build list (start date July 1) for a tenor, so I understand what you went through.

Heh, she should give Stan a deal on his next custom for sending a lot of business her way.

Mine seemed to go real fast once she started it. The wait while it was shipping was agony, though.

Oh, that's interesting... I even happen to have Oasis strings sitting at home. They are very nice strings!!!

Here are some pictures of the uke. The wood is Ancient Kauri (front back and sides and peghead veneer), the rosette is brain sapele, and it has rosewood bindings. The bird is a Bellbird or Korimako, considered to be the most beautiful singer of all of New Zealand's birds.

View attachment 53391View attachment 53392View attachment 53393View attachment 53394

Congratulations Gillan!

The inlay on your new Anakoneke is gorgeous, and the sound is wonderful.

Aloha Gilly,
Wow wow wow love your uke girl....it looks amazing and wow wow on the inlay..the bird and rosette is amazing....ha ha yes dave bought his wife mel the bee uke toni made....another
amazing uke.....Toni is so great to work with...and a real sweetie too.... :)

View attachment 53391View attachment 53392View attachment 53393View attachment 53394

Aloha Gillian,
Congrats on your wonderful uke. Toni does great work and maybe one day............

Top Bottom