Bring or buy on maui ??????????

davo17

Reaction score
So all you Maui UU folks

Can i expect to find a little known local Ukulele shop that makes Great Ukulele's for a good price?

Or mostly the same stuff i find on the web?

I don't need another Uke but i want to play while i am there what do you all think?bring or plan to buy?

Aloha,
Bought many good used ukes in pawn shops in Wailuku, Kahului, and Kihei. You can find the standard inventory stuff but sometimes local Luthier ones also. Craigslist Maui has also been a good source. Bounty Music Store in Kahului is the best on Maui.

What a question!!! Buy one! Super great memento of your trip.:)

Lots of great places to buy on Maui, Bounty has a great selection, you can buy directly from Mele, or I know a little shop over on the West Side in Lahaina called Kula Gold, it's right on Front Street. He has a decent selection and he'll work with you...

thanks

Lots of great places to buy on Maui, Bounty has a great selection, you can buy directly from Mele, or I know a little shop over on the West Side in Lahaina called Kula Gold, it's right on Front Street. He has a decent selection and he'll work with you...

Ya thats the kind of info i am looking for , i will check them out!

When I was on Maui I bought an 8-string long-neck koa soundboard, mahogany back and sides tenor from Mele in Kahului. Great people (I was looking for an 8-string baritone, and they agreed to restring an 8-string long neck tenor they had on hand to DGBE tuning just to let me test it!) and they have a nice range of ukuleles that are made overseas but finished on Maui.

Also Lahina Music . Jason there is nice and has a fair selection, though not as many as Bounty. I've bought two at Bounty for "souvenirs"!

Top Bottom