Potentially looking to swap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennymac

Reaction score
Aloha from Scotland friends!

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a swap...

I have a Cole Clark UL3A in rare and beautifully grained US Rock Maple that I'd be looking to swap for a K brand concert - or similar. Full details of the Cole Clark spec are in a link below, along with a sound sample and pictures. They retail new in Australia (where they are made) for AUD $1,150, equivalent of USD $1,122 or GBP £740 (exchange rates from google 23/05/2013), although as far as I'm aware there isn't a European distributor at the moment.

I originally purchased it in 2009 and it has been a great working uke for me, gigged extensively, it's a "player" although one which still looks great. It has one of the best necks I have ever played - plays like butter!! The only modifications have been the fitting of pegheds - although I will also include the original friction tuners along with a foam case.

In the interests of full disclosure, there is a small scratch on the bottom of the uke which has not gone through the finish (pictured) and slight wear on the satin finish at the bottom of the upper bout where I have been enthusiastically strumming (again, pictured). There are also some (very) small scrapes (hardly noticeable unless really looking for them) which the luthier made when he fitted the pegheds. However, this has been a working uke, gigged 100's of times and is in great shape and looks and sounds fantastic.

The reason this has been my working uke is because of the FANTASTIC cole clark faceblend pickup system which is fitted. This sounds AMAZING plugged in - plus no issues with changing batteries - this plugs into the wall to charge - and I have a spare battery pack for when the one fitted does eventually run down (500 or so full discharges).

The only reason I am looking to swap is that since I bought a kamaka special last year I have been looking for a more Hawiian sound in my stage set up - am looking to get a used concert and put a piezo in to use with my fishman aura.

I'm based in the UK so prefer to do this within Europe to minimise postage/import tax etc - but am also happy to consider USA etc.

Here is a sound sample recorded today using a zoom H2N - strings are worth browns:

https://soundcloud.com/lennymac/cole-clark-uke-sound-sample

Here is a link to the cole clark specifications from their website:

http://www.coleclarkguitars.com/product_ul3.asp

Hope to receive some offers - if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Here's another couple of pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 19
Just to say - I am also interested in offers to sell if anyone's interested...

Bump..

I am also happy to consider a sale of this Uke..

Happy to receive offers.

Thanks,

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom