Ukulele Cover: Sade's "Smooth Operator"

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Sade is one of my most favorite female singers; I love her voice and her style -- and, of course, her music. Here's my very humble attempt at her classic "Smooth Operator." Hope you enjoy it! :)

lovely Chelle. As a teenager I was a Sade tragic, totally gone on her and her music. Bought 'Diamond Life' and 'Promise' on vinyl, still got em and play em. Found out the other day I share a birthday with her as well. She's the bees knees.

Liked your version of this one a lot. The subtle shift in dynamic and the sweet vocal were great. You had me singing along to every word :)

lovely Chelle. As a teenager I was a Sade tragic, totally gone on her and her music. Bought 'Diamond Life' and 'Promise' on vinyl, still got em and play em. Found out the other day I share a birthday with her as well. She's the bees knees.

Liked your version of this one a lot. The subtle shift in dynamic and the sweet vocal were great. You had me singing along to every word :)

Hey, Jon! Thanks so much for your comments! Yes, I am ga-ga for Sade, too -- I have most all of her CDs. I was just on her web site and noted that she is 54 yrs. old -- she looks awesome and still sings as beautiful and sultry as ever!

Aloha Chelley,
Wow great job, just as Jon I love your rendition...sounds great....and that pohaku pear is singing and your voice is made for this song girl....loved Sade when they were so popular too :)

Wow! That's one of my favorite songs from your favorite decade :)

I especially liked the picking in the middle. You and your uke both sound great!

Wow! That's one of my favorite songs from your favorite decade :)

I especially liked the picking in the middle. You and your uke both sound great!

Thanks so much, FF, for your kind words!!! Thanks, also, for the comment about the picking part -- I wasn't quite sure how to handle the crazy-cool saxophone solo in the song -- I knew that I couldn't play that on my uke, but gave a shot at some picking to replace that solo part. :)

Oh, Chelle, I like it! Nice to hear smooth jazz on the uke and I've always loved Sade! Great job! :D

Hi, Patricia! Thanks so very much for watching and for your feedback -- I appreciate it so much! I am a huge Sade fan also -- would love to try some other smooth jazz tunes on the uke -- maybe some Mindi Abair, Ronny Jordan, Craig Chaquico...hmmmm...so much wonderful music out there!!!

Great song. You have a great voice and going from strumming to picking was well done and sounded great. (I know I use the word great a lot, but its the word that really sums its up) ;)

Hey, thank you so much, toye!!! You are so thoughtful and kind; I am so grateful! :)

Great song pick and nicely done!

Hi, keonepax! Thanks a lot for watching and for your comment and support!

Aloha Chelley,
Wow great job, just as Jon I love your rendition...sounds great....and that pohaku pear is singing and your voice is made for this song girl....loved Sade when they were so popular too :)

Stan!!! Hi! You are soooo sweet!!! Thank you so much!!! Your friend, Chelley :)

I enjoyed that very much,so glad you decided not to give up.

Hi there, UkuEroll! I am so happy that you watched the vid; I thank you so much for writing to me and showing me your support -- it means a ton to me! Thank you! :)

Great job on this one Chelle, really nice work. You just keep getting better and better!

Hello, Camsuke! You always root for me and show me your steadfast support -- you are so thoughtful! I couldn't be where I am without all of your encouragement -- thank you so much for always being there for me! :)

Top Bottom