Interviewed in Cheshire Life

bazmaz

Reaction score
Not sure many outside the UK will read Cheshire Life magazine, but anyway - our band were interviewed and photographed for it.

We were expecting a quarter page - not a double page spread.

Anyway - for those who may want to read it -

976796_10200967355047275_173422208_o.jpg964505_10200967359407384_857732508_o.jpg

What a great article. Would love to see you play sometime. One of my band originally hails from Sandbach so we go up that way occasionally.

Cheers - yeah that would be great. We always have gigs on, and starting to play further afield now

Well done mate, you deserve lots of credit for what you do for the UK Ukulele. Just clicked on your site and got carried away with ' When I'm dead and gone' brought back some memories, will be adding that to my to play list.

Leroy

Thanks all - we are quite taken aback by it - I believe it came about as one of their writers saw one of our gigs and recommended the piece. You never know who is watching at these gigs!

Sweet! That article gives a really good account of modern ukulele rather than sticking with the old cliches (not that there's anything wrong with George and the like... but you know, uke music is far more diverse these days). I like the fact they've even added a little history insert too.

I've seen you guys play in Chester and you know what, I'd like to see you play again :D

Last edited:
Ah thanks Mike - did you see us? Long time since we played there? - Don't think you would recongnise the band now compared to then - when we last played it was a busk (you know the usual uke club thing, music stands, million and one players etc). Shortly after that we decided to take stock - thinned numbers and worked on being a 'band' not a club. Out went music stands, in came a rehearsed electric set, lights, PA system, keyboards, electric ukes etc.

It was a while ago yes. I'll definitely make the effort and head over your way and come over see the new slick version :D

ah right - yeah that would be great mike - some vids of us on our website too. We are just in a self imposed gig lull for May before it all starts getting crazy again for rest of summer! It is fun, but hard work! We joke - we started playing ukes because they were small and convenient - now a gig involves so much gear and miles of cabling!

If you are fairly local Mike - we are hosting a two day ukulele weekender at a country pub nr Chester 20 - 21 July, Shady Oak, Tiverton. All very informal, and pub offers camping for the saturday night if needed. Lots of uke players from local area and beyond coming down. Will be small (unplugged) stage outside for people to do turns of their own during the days and N'Ukes are playing a set inside the pub in the evening. Should be fun. We ran it last year and it was a giggle. Quite a few more coming this year!

Ha ha! There is a uke band called the Pukes too!

Looked up Nantwich on my PC, got downstairs and picked up my Nexus 7,and it's telling me the distance to Nantwich. Google are spying on me.

Top Bottom