Kanile'a factory visits

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Me & Mrs Kahuna are spending this bank holiday weekend planning next year's Hawaii trip (Big Island, Oahu and Kauai again).

As well as visiting HMS, I'd like to have a look around Kanile'a. Does anyone know if they welcome visits from customers, and if so, do you need to arrange it well in advance ?

Also, where on Oahu is the factory ?

When you gong, brother BK?

Be sure to see the Japanese Byodo-In Temple while you're in Kaneohe, too.

Me & Mrs Kahuna are spending this bank holiday weekend planning next year's Hawaii trip (Big Island, Oahu and Kauai again).

As well as visiting HMS, I'd like to have a look around Kanile'a. Does anyone know if they welcome visits from customers, and if so, do you need to arrange it well in advance ?

Also, where on Oahu is the factory ?

Just noticed you're going from the UK. My fiancee has promised me that we'll spend out third anniversary in Hawaii! Is it easy enough to get out there from here? I'm guessing it's a lot of ££s?

Just noticed you're going from the UK. My fiancee has promised me that we'll spend out third anniversary in Hawaii! Is it easy enough to get out there from here? I'm guessing it's a lot of ££s?

Depends when you go, how you do it and where you stay. Last year we went to The Big Island for 5 days, followed by Kauai for about 15. Including flights, accommodation, cars and inter island flights it came to about 4k for the two of us.

We stayed at The Royal Kona at Kailua-Kona on the BI and The Aston Islander on the Beach on Kauai (we always stay there...perfect position on the East coast).

We did, however, fly with American Airlines, something I'll never do again. .

All booked individually on the internets.

If you haven't booked your room at the hotel I urge you to check VRBO. We found a fantastic place there for not much more than the cost of a nice hotel, and it was AMAZING. PM me if you want details.

FTIW, I went through one of the online "$$ saver" sites to book a week in Maui. After I received the price quote, I happened to call the hotel to enquire about golf tee times. The hotel agent asked if I had already booked a room and when I told her that I was about to book through Travelocity, she quoted me a rate for the same accomodations with a few lunch deals thrown in for $550 less than Travelocity.

OTOH, I found a car rental agent who gave me an Avis Jeep for one half of what Avis quoted me for the same car and same rental period. Go figure...

Last edited:
If you haven't booked your room at the hotel I urge you to check VRBO. We found a fantastic place there for not much more than the cost of a nice hotel, and it was AMAZING. PM me if you want details.

+1. And most of these places have kitchens, which means you can save tons on not having to go out for all your meals, which can get quite pricey. Loads of places in Oahu, fewer in Kauai, but still a good option.

Kahuhipa street, in kaneohe, right across Sherwin-William paint store. U will see the Kanilea canvas banner, with white letters on black background.

Around the corner is the kaneohe haleiwa Joe's, at which pena boy (kelly boy de lima's son) plays on some friday nights. I think Kelly boy (of kapena) plays on some friday nights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom