Ever fall asleep at night with a uke in your arms?

What's "night" got to do with it... ;)

I'm not really into describing, on a public forum, what's in my arms when I fall asleep.

That's why I like a satin finish. It doesn't show the drool stains as much

She who must be obeyed would never agree to strumming on the couch. It would disturb her TV viewing :rulez:

She who must be obeyed would never agree to strumming on the couch. It would disturb her TV viewing :rulez:

Well, that would be a big bummer. I don't like going in some other room to play. I do it in the living room. Those who don't like it in my house find another room to stay in. :)

Seriously, I really enjoy picking up an instrument while vegging in front of the TV and playing. I'd have a big problem with someone shooshing me.

I was only joking. I actually don't think it's fair on her, especially if if she wants to watch TV. I don't like playing in front of the telly either.

I prefer to have my own space to play in. I don't just play uke either and most of my other instruments are more intrusive.

I do things like adding chords to lyric sheets and spending time on the Internet in front of the telly. (Like now)

It's the only thing that makes the commercials bearable.

I do.

I sometimes strum and veg on the couch at night, only to wake up the next morning with the uke in my arms. :)
No, but I have fallen asleep reading a book many times.

Yes, in the middle of the afternoon on the lanai while in Hawaii. My husband took the photo to prove it (you shoulda seen my grip on my ukulele, even while in Slumberland). The photo is *not* available for public viewing!! (Oops--re-read subject: Wasn't at night. But I was deep in sleep)

> The photo is *not* available for public viewing!!

Why not? No photo, no sleeping with uke in the middle of the afternoon on the lanai while in Hawaii. :D

I do.

I sometimes strum and veg on the couch at night, only to wake up the next morning with the uke in my arms. :)

I've never fallen asleep with a uke at night, but I came close earlier today. I was practicing a short fingerpicking run, playing it slowly over and over again with my eyes closed--that helps me focus--and I suddenly realized that I was dozing off. I guess I hypnotized myself.

Top Bottom