Twin Martin Sopranos

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
Howdy Folks,
I just had in my hands a pair of Martin Soprano Ukes and wanted to try and get a rough value of them. I know they're highly collectable, but don't know much beyond that. Sorry, I don't have any pics at this time, but working on trying to get some.

What I do know:
C.F. Martin..Nazereth, PA (on back of headstock and along the bracing)
One has slight crack in the middle of back and the other is missing a friction tuner. Besides that, totally pristine condition. Solid Mahogany. The fret dots are slightly different configuration, one has binding, the other doesn't.

I don't think I'm in the market for these, because I'm not really into sopranos. A friend of mine may be interested, but they will probably be for sale.

What can you tell me?

wooville

We can tell you all you need to know, with a couple of pics of both, front and back. Highly collectable is not how I would put it. I would say very desirable as players.....as Martin made A LOT of them. Depending on age and condition they may have some nice value.

Without pictures, my best guess is that the one without binding is a Style 0. The location of the maker's marks puts the vintage in a certain range, because changes occurred over the years. The ones with the logo on the back of the headstock are older than the ones with it on the front. I'm not well versed enough to know what the range of years would be.

Beyond that, we'd need photos....

Top Bottom