Uas

BigD

Reaction score
AHH the frustration continues! My folks restaraunt that ive run for the last 6 years shut its doors last week :/ so moneys even tighter and if i dont have a mainland red cedar tenor in my hands soon im going to explode! Whats the most impulsive buy uve made with a case of the dreaded (but keeps me busy) uas?

I don't know about impulsive, but I've broken my rule twice.

The rule: buy used; I don't care if my ukes have a nick or two on them.

I broke the rule first to buy my Timms soprano. It's the nicest uke I own, and I can't imagine ever wanting anything more out of a soprano. I broke the rule again to buy a Pono MB second. I play it more than any other.

So... find yourself that Mainland. If you know that's the one you want, you won't regret it.

And sorry to hear about the restaurant. That's a tough business, for sure.

Most of my buys have been impulsive, but probably the worst was the time, very late at night, when I couldn't decide between the KoAloha tenor-neck soprano and the KoAloha pikake soprano - so I bought both.

Most impulsive uke buy? See my list below.

Red Cedar Mainland Tenor is a great choice! You're gonna love it!

Most of my ukuleles have been impulse purchases, but the most recent was my Compass Rose mini jumbo mahogany tenor. I'd already ordered a CR jumbo-shaped baritone and then bought a "stripped down" Compass Rose walnut tenor. One day I was just surfing the Internet and discovered a CR mahogany tenor mini jumbo at a shop in San Diego. I thought "I'm getting one of thosejumbo shaped CRs in a baritone scale and I wonder how jumbo shaped CRs compare to traditionally shaped CRs," so I bought it. No regrets, though.

Give Mike at Mainland a call and see if he has any seconds. I think he just got a new shipment in so may have some.

Top Bottom