FS: New Concert Koa Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new concert size uke made of all Koa for the body. This Koa is well seasoned, over 30 years. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 16 total. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Rosewood top binding with w/b/w wood purfling. Rosette is 4 maple rings. White MOP dots with white side dots. MOP logo inlaid into ebony. Bone nut and saddle. Medium size frets for easy playing and accurate intonation. New Gotoh UPT brand geared 4:1 tuners. Chrome body with small white plastic knobs. These new tuners are light weight, easy to install and will fit on any size uke, and work beautifully. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth touch and semi-gloss look. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$850

Attachments

• 2013-5-24 concert uke-a .jpg
    2013-5-24 concert uke-a .jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 2013-5-24 concert uke-b.jpg
    2013-5-24 concert uke-b.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 2013-5-24 concert uke-c.jpg
    2013-5-24 concert uke-c.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 2013-5-24 concert uke-d.jpg
    2013-5-24 concert uke-d.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
That's really pretty! You make beautiful ukuleles. If only this one were a baritone .... Good luck with your sale!

Just beautiful BlackBear. I love everything about it. ESP the UPT tuners.

Thanks for the comments. I really like the size and weight of these new Gotoh tuners, they seem to work for any size uke.

Stunning ukulele all the way around!

Another beauty Duane! Black Bear is definitely on my wish list. Are you taking any orders these days?

Another beauty Duane! Black Bear is definitely on my wish list. Are you taking any orders these days?

I am not taking any new commissions at the present time. I will be offering mostly concerts and sopranos here on the UU. There seems to be a glut of tenors so I won't be doing those right now.

the lifespan of friction tuner?

Just beautiful BlackBear. I love everything about it. ESP the UPT tuners.

Hi, i saw you have a KoAloha Standard Soprano, can you give me some advices on choosing tuners?

i want to buy a koaloha concert ukulele, but many members here and others said the friction tuner is terrible and would bring us unhappiness.
i also sent an email to ask the manager of KoAloha about the tuner question, she/he admitted that the gear tuner was indeed was indeed better than a friction one.

Well, how do you think of that?

best regards!

Top Bottom