Ohana SK-35

I don't have the SK-35 but I have a SK-25z that I am thinking of putting up for sale.

Kurt

I was going to put it up on the market place for $130 plus shipping. It has the tweed retro hard case that Uke Republic sells for $65. It has some D'Addario T2 strings on it and I have an extra set of D'Addario J65s in the case. Its a really nice uke but I just can't seem to get the hang of the soprano neck. I keep going back to my tenor.

The cost is low and here is why. I am the second owner. The first owner smoked but didn't disclose that fact. I have spent quite a bit of time and money getting the smoke smell out of it. The uke took a couple days to air out. But the case was bad when I first opened it up. Now I have to put my nose inside the case and close to the fabric to smell anything. I keep a couple dryer sheets inside just to keep it from coming back. My wife wouldn't let the case inside the house when I first bought it but now it sits right by our bed. The ukulele it quite stunning, the zebrawood is really nice and you can feel the whole body resonate when playing. It has geared tuners. Some like that some don't. I prefer geared for the ease of adjustment. I just got back from vacation and I wasn't planning to post it for a couple days but I saw your post and thought I would reply. I will snap some pictures and post them.

Kurt

Here are the pictures.DSCN3342.jpgDSCN3343.jpgDSCN3346.jpg

Last edited:
I've got one, I do not want to sell it, but I advise you to persist. Ohana has a huge product line but every model is not always available, I think they do production runs of various models and then switch to some other model for a while. But you will like your Ohana! I actually have an SK-35 and an SK-38 as "spares", if all my other ukes leave me this is the one I will keep, and I like it so much I got a second one, in case the uke craze ends and I can no longer get one cheap. And I do think $180 or so is cheap.

Try Mim - she often has them.

Thanks Pondro for the tip, I may purchase a mahogany Mainland soprano if a used sk-35 doesn't become available.
I have had 3 Mainland uks currently have a mango concert and cutaway tenor mahogany and love them both. Guess I just wanted something else
for my only soprano but I have 3 fender guitars so having 3 Mainland uks is not a bad thing.

There's an SK-38 up on eBay right now. Depending on your taste, that may be better than an SK-35.

Have you tried calling Mim? She may be able to hook you up.

Thanks for the heads up on the uke but I have had bad luck with ebay uks due to lack of or poor set up or bad intonation.
I feel buying from mim or Mike at Mainland is the way to go unless I found one on this board as I feel most everyone here is honest.

Mainland only sells Mainland ukes...did you mean Mike at UkeRepublic?

If you're open to brands other then Ohana, pm me. I may be persuaded to sell one of my sopranos. :)

Good luck!

No, I meant Mike at Mainland ...good product will set up a uke as you want it and from time to time has great deals on blemish uks.
I have however heard good thinks about the other Mike from Uke Republic.

Top Bottom