WTB: Pineapple Ukulele with Spruce Top

Ananas

Reaction score
Hello dear community!

As a pineapple lover I am playing many wonderful pineapple ukuleles. What I'd like to try as well is a pineapple with spruce top, preferrably soprano or concert size. I know there are such instruments by Kamoa, and Kamaka also offers a spruce top as a special.

However, it would be great if someone had a used instrument, for example a nice little Bushman Engelmann (can be seen here: http://database.ukulelecorner.org.uk/b/bushman). :)

Thanks for reading!

Ananas :)

Thanks! I still have hopes. :) I have already one Mainland Cedar Longneck (soprano body with concert-scale neck), simply wonderful sustain. :)

Cheers,

Ananas

I'd highly recommend David Gill Ukuleles. He makes great spruce top pineapples.

I will be building a few Makapilis this summer if you would be interested.
Take care,
Thomas

Glad to hear you'll be making ukes again. I'd love a Makapili tenor!

Thanks Doc,

I'd be thrilled to make one for you.

Take care,
Thomas

I have a Kamoa E-3 pineapple that I'm quite happy with. All solid woods (spruce top) can be had new for around $175. A great uke at a great price.

I'd highly recommend David Gill Ukuleles. He makes great spruce top pineapples.

The only issue is that shipping outside the US may cause issues. there are is no documentation about the wood and where it came from. they have rosewood fretboards, but no way of knowing exactly where it came from. Not saying David uses endangered woods, or illegal wood. he is a small shop that gets wood from many places.

Thank you for all the hints and suggestions! :)

I will be building a few Makapilis this summer if you would be interested.

That sounds fantastic. I guess we'll keep in touch until summer. :)

My problem with the E3 series of Kamoa is that they have coloured woods. I'd like to have the natural look. If we go one class higher in the Kamoa product palette there is the 500-series natural look which is something I am looking for.

I just hoped someone had to offer a used one as requested, as I am well aware that for a custom model there is no limit in design (and price). ;)

Thanks again everyone and see you around!

Ananas

The only issue is that shipping outside the US may cause issues. there are is no documentation about the wood and where it came from. they have rosewood fretboards, but no way of knowing exactly where it came from. Not saying David uses endangered woods, or illegal wood. he is a small shop that gets wood from many places.

David normally uses walnut for fret boards and bridges.

Top Bottom