New Cordoba Pepe Romeros are surprisingly great sounding

Mike, did you guys get any of the 30T all mahogany models?

No we have the Acacia and the Acacia/sprucetop No Mahogany yet...

Mike, how are their concerts, and how is their out-of-the-box setup? I am looking to purchase a new concert for my niece as a birthday present. Been looking at a mahogany Kala, but may consider something else if it is better.

The HMS spruce/acacia demo sounds great especially with low G tuning. Definitely a winner at its price range. Too bad that I just loaded a Pono ebony/cedar last week. :drool:

Did HMS already sell all of their first shipment of the 30 series Coroba tenors?

They are no longer listed on their website.

The HMS spruce/acacia demo sounds great especially with low G tuning. Definitely a winner at its price range. Too bad that I just loaded a Pono ebony/cedar last week. :drool:

I just listened to the video and the Pono is much better in my opinion...of course the Cordoba is cheaper

I tried some of these new tenors the other day at a couple local guitar/ukulele shops, and I have to hand it to Cordoba for putting out a really good ukulele at this price point. The action was a tad higher than I would have liked on the ones I tried, but the intonation was spot on across the board.

Here's a rough sound sample I took on my phone while I was there. Any buzzes are due to me and not the ukulele. My phone was placed my lap right under the uke (kinda obvious) and gives you a great view of my nostrils. :uhoh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UEu_v5OK8M

Fingerpicking --> Blue Roses Falling --> Tsunami (Herb Ohta Jr.) --> IU - Good Day --> Hula Girl --> Waves (by Dominator)

Don't get too excited--it's really really rough lol. But I figure Cordoba deserves a shout out for stepping up their quality with this new line, especially for a lot of the negative rap they get around here.

EDIT: My video doesn't really show a good look at the ukulele--it's PRETTY. I know the saying usually goes "the picture doesn't do it justice", but the one up at HMS is pretty much what you'd expect. http://www.theukulelesite.com/cordoba-35t-solid-acacia-tenor-package.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom