NUD, Maui Kai by Wixom

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha Kakou,
She's here, my 5 string Custom Concert designed by me built by Willie Wixom. Specs as follows; Spalted Mango top, Milo back and sides, Curly Koa neck, Macadamia fretboard and bridge. Head design idea compliments of Iriguchu Ukuleles (Mahalo Dave for your pemission). Maui bridge designed by me to honor my second home. The Red dot is for Kihei where I reside, the Gold dot is for Maalaea where I caught my first Ulua signified by my Gold pendant inlayed into the headstock.
My "D" hole carried over from my Wixom Tenor (another design by me).
Her voice is amazing as attested by Danny (Kanaka916) but I can't do a sound sample....sorry...............Bo.........
Sorry, trying to load pix....v
Note: for more pix go to Facebook..............

Last edited:
No sound sample and not even any pics? Isn't that against the rules? :rulez: ;)

Hey Burton, Is that a low and high G? If yes I'll bet it sounds amazing. Beautiful uke you have there as I've already seen the pics on FB.

Last edited:
Aloha Mark,
Yes, octaved g string. Sounds great....Mahalo......................Bo..................

Stunning design! Definitely one of a kind!

Aloha Bruddah Bo,
Congrats, it looks awesome....wow man and the new Goto tuners look great....I showed you how to use sound cloud too, so we will be waitng...thank you for sharing..

Last edited:
(It's is one of those rare moments when I get to use the word "awesome" and it means what it is supposed to mean.)

That is an awesome ukulele.

Congrats!

Last edited:
Very Nice Bo!

I especially like the bridge.

Congrats Bo!! My favorite personalization is when a uke tells a little of the owner!!

Congrats Bo!! My favorite personalization is when a uke tells a little of the owner!!

Mahalo Bruddah, just a little tribute to Maui, my second home.....
And the Ulua Pendant for my first Ulua caught....on Maui too...

Attachments

• 292290_318395961563448_1577344383_n.jpg
    292290_318395961563448_1577344383_n.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Aloha Bruddah Bo,
Congrats, it looks awesome....wow man and the new Goto tuners look great....I showed you how to use sound cloud too, so we will be waitng...thank you for sharing..

My laptop soundcloud doesn't sound good.....muddy....

Very cool and beautiful. Congratulations Bo.

How did you make that bridge?

I'd still like to hear it.

Top Bottom