Prelude Ukes?

kyote

Reaction score
Clueless newbie here. Anyone hear of Prelude brand ukuleles? I picked up this little guy a couple weeks back at a thrift shop. From what I can tell it's a lower end model, but it does have a much brighter tone than my Lanikai LU-21. The strings I have on it are Martin fluorocarbon M600 .0191 - .0216. They look to be a bit thicker than the LU-21, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with. Also the grain on the back and top (on the inside of the body) appears to be a different wood. The label reads: Prelude SU-15 created by V.M.I. made in Taiwan. Any thoughts? DSCF2278.jpgDSCF2268.jpgDSCF2265.jpgDSCF2272.jpgDSCF2270.jpg

Yes, the wood clearly comes from the laminate tree, often found in Asia.

If you like the sound, play and enjoy it!

You might try Aquila strings too at some point. I am often surprised at how good some of the "no name" ukes can sound after a bit of tweeking. Enjoy her!

Thanks, uke552.

Can anyone tell me how the quality of these Martin strings compare to the Aquila?

There are a number of members who favor Martin Strings and would not hesitate to recommend them. I don't think you'll go wrong with 'em.

Top Bottom