PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Uke.....just bought one

Dowlo
05-26-2013, 02:12 AM
So I saw a very nice aNueNue Banjo uku today and loved it. ....I've now got one on order. Should arrive mid week :)

kissing
05-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Well done! Anuenue make great ukes

PhilUSAFRet
05-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Congrats. Because of a slightly higher action, I find it easier for "pickin" than my other ukes. Adding new strums to my repertoire a nice bonus.

ukeeku
05-26-2013, 05:10 AM
Please know that I am not flaming or being mean. I just want to correct you on something small
Uku is lice
Uke is short for ukulele

Congrats on the banjo uke. had a few, did a banjo uke week a while back. If you have questions, post them here or feel free to message me.
Welcome to UU!!

Again, all said with a smile on my face (And it is not a smug one)

UKEonomics
05-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Awesome man! They are a ton of fun. Hope you love it!

Dowlo
05-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Please know that I am not flaming or being mean. I just want to correct you on something small
Uku is lice
Uke is short for ukulele

Congrats on the banjo uke. had a few, did a banjo uke week a while back. If you have questions, post them here or feel free to message me.
Welcome to UU!!

Thanks for the heads up, and I think they way u corrected me was very kind. Im glad u did :) .

Well I have been wondering about thw strumming / picking .....and I'll certainly be asking for pointers soon.

Im glad that there are a people who like this kind of instrument. Well I'm at the office now so best get to work to pay off my new little Uke.

Dowlo
06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Well I have to say that the sound is great. ....it requires tuning each day but Im told that's normal for new strings. I found Dueling Banjos on here (UU) and have had fun playing it.
It's good to hold (heavier than my other Uke's) and play. ....this one may be a good choice for a strap as there's less to kind of hook under ur arm.

mm stan
06-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Aloha Dowlo,
Welcome to the UU forums......yes yes congrats on your new Banjo....have fun and enjoy....Happy strummings...

fumanshu
06-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Nice!!!! Congrats on your new purchase!!! Have fun with it!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/lady-standby-by-lotus-notes

UkuleleHill
06-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Uku is lice
Uke is short for ukulele

Welcome to UU!!

I changed the title for you Dowlo so if you want to edit your post that's cool.