Kamaka Concert Deluxe?

Horse

UU+
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know anything about the Kamaka Concert Deluxe? I know the basics, I guess, that it has more frets than a regular concert, that it's tuned to low G and that it was designed for/with Ohta-san. But I haven't found much information on it online and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it or had good/bad opinions on it. Thanks. Horse

It's pretty much a super concert. It's ment for picking, and although i've never played it im sure its great. not sure if its worth the $1600+, however. Id go with a tenor because its $600 cheaper but hey if its priced thay high its probly worth it.

As for it being Low G you can always just change the strings if you want.

You can never go wrong with any Kamaka. Personally, I prefer a tenor (shape, sound, size). Maybe because I started on guitar, who knows?

^ who knows haha same reason here

i like tenors better. probably because i only own a tenor really :S

but i want a concert next.. i want to buy a guitar because i need to learn something, went from no skill, to an instrument thats hard to learn over here..

so guitar, then perhaps a kamaka tenor... We all have dreams right?? and yes mines stupid, BUT!! my dream is to be as good as aldrine one day... i probably wont even be better than i am now in 10 years, but someday..

just i can sit at this computer listening to him play hour after hour, would be awesome to play like him ^^

^ who knows haha same reason here

i like tenors better. probably because i only own a tenor really :S

but i want a concert next.. i want to buy a guitar because i need to learn something, went from no skill, to an instrument thats hard to learn over here..

so guitar, then perhaps a kamaka tenor... We all have dreams right?? and yes mines stupid, BUT!! my dream is to be as good as aldrine one day... i probably wont even be better than i am now in 10 years, but someday..

just i can sit at this computer listening to him play hour after hour, would be awesome to play like him ^^

the guitar is harder to learn IMO. but if you do somehow learn faster on that, you will pick up the uke a lot quicker too.

the guitar is harder to learn IMO. but if you do somehow learn faster on that, you will pick up the uke a lot quicker too.

yeah i think so too, but i think what he means is since he's so far from anything to do with ukulele its hard for him to learn. with guitar im sure many people play, and he can learn easier, wheather its lessons or just jammin with friends.

i think it would be smart to learn guitar because as Nuke said it will help him pick up the uke a lot quicker. but it will take time, and who's to say he can't play uke while learning guitar?

So it seems that Kamaka has temporarily stopped making the Ohta-San model because they are concentrating on the Jake model and they only have one person doing the inlay work.

So it seems that Kamaka has temporarily stopped making the Ohta-San model because they are concentrating on the Jake model and they only have one person doing the inlay work.

Where did you get that information? just curious.

i wouldn't mine possibly selling a uke to get Jake's model.

Where did you get that information? just curious.

i wouldn't mine possibly selling a uke to get Jake's model.

I wrote to Bounty Music asking about the Ohta-San and they explained this was the reason why Kamaka had suspended production on it.

If they are making more Jake Kamakas I am willing to give up an organ for one. Does anyone know if they are?

yeah i think so too, but i think what he means is since he's so far from anything to do with ukulele its hard for him to learn. with guitar im sure many people play, and he can learn easier, wheather its lessons or just jammin with friends.

i think it would be smart to learn guitar because as Nuke said it will help him pick up the uke a lot quicker. but it will take time, and who's to say he can't play uke while learning guitar?
thata sexactly what i mean :)

and i can learn everysingle day for free... every single one of my friends play guitar very very very good.. it must be in the islander blood, but i would take it to school and if i buy them lunch they will teach me guitar!

No they wouldnt be. Jake's Ukulele is obviously one of a kind.
Im positive that Kamaka wouldnt be making a replica. Even if they did, it will be very expensive.
nope they arn't maing Jakes ukulele, Jake told them not to do any more of his... because i emailed kamaka and asked ^^

but they said the one they make for 5k (or whatever price) sounds very simular.

somebody said something about giving an organ.. LOl whatever i have doubles of in or out of my body, i would give for jakes uke!

Top Bottom