Bling for my uke

ookcrayZ

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions of stores that carry cool little trinkets or hangy down things for the uke head stock? I love the little figure Aldrine had hanging from his tuning peg but dont know where to look for stuff like that. Suggestions welcome. Thanks

Look everywhere and when you see something interesting, imagine it on your uke's headstock. If this is for the contest, use your imagination :)

Spencer's Gifts has some cool little things near the keychains if you have one of those stores near you.

one of the members actualy has a vid about this. senor deach. idk how to link stuff, but under the thread, 08 undie awrds, funny vids, its under the 1st post.

usually gift stores/novelty stores will have the most interesting keychains and danglys(sp?).

i bought my current keychain at a store called Ahhs!.

m_e373da07ace24a4fb3a0f45370faed84.jpg

m_54d6cbeabba74ee69eabd5247fd4f5da.jpg

I was going to ask where I should place my bling, but then I saw Pharmaceutical.Bandit's pictures.

I decided to use an empty tin of Hint Mint Petit Black Currant mints that I received in my Christmas stocking (you can order these mints online in packs of 12 for less than $1 per tin). I just need to poke a little hole in the tin and run some string through it, then I can take some pictures of my uke, to show you what a I'm talking about.

A little tin-poking tip: Don't use a thumbtack! It doesn't work.

Last edited:
I might try something else with my bling rigging. The way this tin is built, I can probably use a piece of dowel with a string tied around it. Worth a shot (and cheap), at least.

If you don't mind paying for shipping from Japan, this website has more bling than you can imagine...everything from miniature udon noodles to Disney characters or mini fur coats. http://www.strapya-world.com/ Where else can you get a ferret or piece of sushi for your uke?

Last edited:
I gave up on the mint tin. I bought a keychain featuring Takino Tomo, one of my favourite Azumanga Daioh characters. I think I'll name my uke Tomo while I'm at it.

This'll be the longest 3-5 business days of my life. :(

I hang my soprano from the headstock of my concert Flea so I can switch quickly. My car keys, DS, swiss army knife, and metal yoyo are somewhere in the chain too.

I hang my soprano from the headstock of my concert Flea so I can switch quickly. My car keys, DS, swiss army knife, and metal yoyo are somewhere in the chain too.

Wow. I don't think I'm hardcore enough to hang an ukulele from another. I'll just stick to my Tomo keychain.

this thred gave me a good idea. i used to get those dollar capsul with the little winnie the pooh for my cell, now since my new cell has no place to put it i can just put them on my uke

If you don't mind paying for shipping from Japan, this website has more bling than you can imagine...everything from miniature udon noodles to Disney characters or mini fur coats. http://www.strapya-world.com/ Where else can you get a ferret or piece of sushi for your uke?

I just visited this site and bought bling for my two future ukes. I imagine this won't be the last time I buy from them.

On a side note, I don't know how to enter the Bling Fo Yo Thing contest. How do I?

Check out my new bling!

Check out my new bling. Look closely and read backwards....it's the name of my Band "Barefoot Wahines" on a button. Too cool!

Fuzzy Dice Baby! Thats what i'm about to put on mine. Either that or something that when you look at it you just say to yourself "Dayuuuummmm i wanna play some uku right now!" aka mood setting bling.

Anyone have suggestions of stores that carry cool little trinkets or hangy down things for the uke head stock? I love the little figure Aldrine had hanging from his tuning peg but dont know where to look for stuff like that. Suggestions welcome. Thanks

Are you talking about his rubber chicken? :D

Top Bottom