Indeed, three MORE pretty faces!

Jake Wildwood

Reaction score
Well, I finished off the last three this afternoon! Here they are:

fancypantsy-1.jpg

An "Aloha" fancypants uke from the 20s (click here for blog post)...

frat-1.jpg

Another "Aloha" but with frat paintings on the front (click here for that one's blog post)...

malolo-1.jpg

And a "Malolo" from the same time as the other two (click here for that blog post).

It's been fun working on so many island-made ukes from the same time all together... they really do blend into one another. They're all like curious brothers and sisters despite being made by different makers. This is something I don't get to compare too often as I work on everything at different times rather than a lot of the same thing all at once.

Thank you for your last few threads and picture posts of all these ukes. What an amazing group. Just stunning.

I have enjoyed seeing these classic uke's too. Thanks for sharing them with us Jake!

This is a fun place...

who ever would have thought that there was a place online like this? What great fun and beautiful instruments to boot....

How about another WOW! I especially like that "Fancypants"

Thanks for sharing these historical beauties with us. So nice, and so lovingly restored---great work!

Thanks for sharing these historical beauties with us. So nice, and so lovingly restored---great work!

Thanks all!

And yes, I'm glad the owner wanted all of these fixed up. There's nothing sadder than great old ukes that simply won't play (all of these would have had mile-high action and bridges on the verge of popping off under tension if they hadn't been worked on at all -- not to mention a lot of caving tops!).

Wow...is that unique body shape and soundhole position the traditional Hawaiian look? It's very cool....me likee! I bet it sounds beautiful....looks hard to build...

Top Bottom