Beginner doubt... So excited i'm thinking of getting another uke!

bpasto

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

Here's the thing... i bought a Lanikai LU-21C recently. But i won't get it till July.:confused:

I'm from Argentina and yesterday i've been told that there is a local store near to where i live that sells ukes. Although they're not as good as you might think... This place only sells ukes Lazer brand (really unknown, might be Chinese or something).

Anyway, my cousin bought a Lazer last month, and it sounds pretty nice... It's not like the Lanikai of course, but it's decent.
They only have Soprano's so i thought on buying one for me, it's around $70.

Lazer Soprano.jpg
Here's a photo we took of it yesterday.

Just so that i would have two ukes in different sizes (Lazer soprano & Lanikai Concert).

Let me know what you think.
Should i get one?
I'm afraid the Soprano might be too small, i do have big hands.
I guess i'll just go and check them out, right?

Thank you guys very much!!!:)

Last edited:
I would say, yes, go check it out and if you like it, yes, buy it. It's always best to compare different kinds, but if you're eager to get started (as I would be), go for it!

Hahahaha i'm not really sure, although if it is, i will try to make it even more popular.

I guess it's just the fact that when you see someone playing the uke you just fell in love with it, that's what happened to me and also to my cousin who saw a friend of his playing and went to get one the next day.

I would say that it's just the ukes magic, right? Hahaha :D

I would say, yes, go check it out and if you like it, yes, buy it. It's always best to compare different kinds, but if you're eager to get started (as I would be), go for it!

I think that might be the best option, right?

The least i could do is go and try them. And if i like them i guess i'll just bring one home with me :D

If you like the sound of it-yes, go for it! I have large hands and play only soprano size ukes. I like the sound of the soprano (I have owned concert and tenor size but did not keep them). You might like the soprano and remember, there is nothing wrong with having more than one uke!

If you like the sound of it-yes, go for it! I have large hands and play only soprano size ukes. I like the sound of the soprano (I have owned concert and tenor size but did not keep them). You might like the soprano and remember, there is nothing wrong with having more than one uke!

Thank you so much!!

I wasn't really sure if i could use a soprano because of my hands.

And i guess i really needed someone to tell me that it was okay if i bought a another uke. :D

Hahahaha thank you again!!!

And i guess i really needed someone to tell me that it was okay if i bought a another uke. :D

Hahahaha thank you again!!!

Oh, you can be sure we will always tell you that it's okay to buy another uke. That's what we're here for. :D:D

I would go with at Tenor..

funny story I was at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) and there 3 guys from Argentina..who were playing the ukes there..
one of the guys was playing pretty good..i guess you have an instrument with four strings in Argentina "close to a ukulele"

they bought 2 ukes and were as happy as can be! you guys can start the uke craze there,,spreading to South America too!

congrats..and keep on strumming

Fyi www.theukulelesite.com
good info on this site..and beginner uke lessons to (under free resources)

Last edited:
Hi guys!!

Here's the thing... i bought a Lanikai LU-21C recently. But i won't get it till July.:confused:

I'm from Argentina and yesterday i've been told that there is a local store near to where i live that sells ukes. Although they're not as good as you might think... This place only sells ukes Lazer brand (really unknown, might be Chinese or something).

Anyway, my cousin bought a Lazer last month, and it sounds pretty nice... It's not like the Lanikai of course, but it's decent.
They only have Soprano's so i thought on buying one for me, it's around $70.

View attachment 53584
Here's a photo we took of it yesterday.

Just so that i would have two ukes in different sizes (Lazer soprano & Lanikai Concert).

Let me know what you think.
Should i get one?
I'm afraid the Soprano might be too small, i do have big hands.
I guess i'll just go and check them out, right?

Thank you guys very much!!!:)

I think the first guy who responded to your thread, hoosierhiver, would be able to help you out with info about ukes and could probably get you one a lot faster than July. Look up Mainland ukes.

He might be a little busy this week though. He's hosting an international uke fest/party:)

Have fun all you UWC'ers!!!

Hola bpasto,

Welcome to UU. We are neighbors, then. I'm from São Paulo. There a many argentinos here on UU, even more than brasileiros.

The downside of importing ukes is that our importation taxes are very high. We pay 60% here and I think it is 50% there. I think it's best to buy from people there, especially used ukes. I think you can find better deals that way.

Fernando

China produces some really nice ukes, so don't let that sway you. I purchased several ukes until I settled on just 2 that I really like. I'd like to buy more, but my budget doesn't allow it right now. I have a Mainland soprano, and a Kala concert and they both get equal playing time. Welcome to your new addiction!

Hahaha thank you all for your responses!!

I did hear about Mainland Ukes and "Uketienda" before in UU.
The only problem is that i'm so excited about having a uke in my hands that i just want to go now and get one. I can't wait!!!! I'm gonna die.

I just came from the store near my place that sells ukes. It did have a few (Ibañez or Ibanez, Stagg, even a Lanikai), but not the Lazer brand... Altough i've been told they should be arriving tomorrow.
I did try a Stagg Soprano they had in hand and it was fairly nice, it didn't sound SO good but i guess it was because it wasn't properly tuned.

I did check all the other Stagg and Ibanez models, but they were far too expensive... That's the reason why i'll just get this Lazer, because it's rather cheap and sounds nice.

Anyway, i'll just go back tomorrow and see if they have any news.

If i get lucky enough and find it tomorrow i shall let you know!!

Top Bottom