oscar schmidt ou7t - spalted mango tenor

vct33

Reaction score
Ok, so I just ordered an Oscar Schmidt OU7T. I've been looking and listening to both concert and tenor ukes for a few weeks. After a few trips to some local music stores I decided to go with a tenor. Choosing the size was the easy part. I narrowed it down to several ukes including the two finalist which were the Mainland Mahogany Cutaway and the Oscar Schmidt. Obviously the Spalted Mango is stunning to look at and after listening to several tutorials on youtube in which Ukulele Mike uses his OU7T, I just rolled the dice and went for it. Hope I'm happy with the decision when it shows up at the end of the week.

Congrats, I have an OU7T and love it!! It plays and sounds great for an inexpensive uke, I strung mine with a low-g which I like alot. I put a wound c which I personally don't care for but it sounds good and I'll swap it out next time I change the strings. Have fun waiting for your new little one!!!!

Congrats, I have an OU7T and love it!! It plays and sounds great for an inexpensive uke, I strung mine with a low-g which I like alot. I put a wound c which I personally don't care for but it sounds good and I'll swap it out next time I change the strings. Have fun waiting for your new little one!!!!

Thanks, I now have 1/3 of your collection. :p My only other uke is the Epiphone Les Paul.

PS - I'm pretty sure a Mainland will be my next one.

is this solid wood or laminate?

Ok, so I just ordered an Oscar Schmidt OU7T. I've been looking and listening to both concert and tenor ukes for a few weeks. After a few trips to some local music stores I decided to go with a tenor. Choosing the size was the easy part. I narrowed it down to several ukes including the two finalist which were the Mainland Mahogany Cutaway and the Oscar Schmidt. Obviously the Spalted Mango is stunning to look at and after listening to several tutorials on youtube in which Ukulele Mike uses his OU7T, I just rolled the dice and went for it. Hope I'm happy with the decision when it shows up at the end of the week.

Top Bottom