Handmade gig bag

oldetymey

Reaction score
Thought I would share this. For our 10th wedding anniversary my wife presented me with this nifty gig bag she made from scratch. flannel lined, and padded. Made with duck cloth on the outside fits sopranos perfectly, and most impressive she did it without a pattern of any kind!
Thanks honey! The suck factor of the pics dont do it justice...case1.jpgcase2.jpgcase3.jpg

Aloha OldTymey,
Wow it looks great...Holy toledo, your wifey has some amazing Sewing Skills....Congrats and thanks for sharing... :)

Obviously, the lady knows her way around fabric and a sewing machine!

If you're looking for some extra cash (for Summer vacation) talk her into creating a few
of these in denim, and various colors, and perhaps various sizes and show them off at
your local ukulele song circle (or make them available to us at UU) and you might be
able to get a few dinners out of the (ie, your wife's) efforts :)

If you have access to an embroidery machine, which can do 'custom' designs, Wow!
personalized, custom gig bags!

keep uke'in',

Really nice bag. Forget making bags and selling those -- too much work if it's not a "love you" gift. Like that custom look. I've got the embroidery machine but not too sure about making the bag without a pattern. I'm still trying to play a 3 chord song without a music sheet!

Really nice bag. Forget making bags and selling those -- too much work if it's not a "love you" gift. Like that custom look. I've got the embroidery machine but not too sure about making the bag without a pattern. I'm still trying to play a 3 chord song without a music sheet!

True that. It took her awhile. Thanks for the kind words all. Shirley if youre into quilting
You may have seen some of her stuff. She works for The Electric Quilt company as a graphic designer
Blogger and sewer. She runs alot of their sew along projects. You might have some of their design software

You have a good wife. That's really cool.

"You may have seen some of her stuff. She works for The Electric Quilt company as a graphic designer
Blogger and sewer. She runs alot of their sew along projects.

Yes, I've used that software since it first came out. (Still do) That explains a lot!

"You may have seen some of her stuff. She works for The Electric Quilt company as a graphic designer
Blogger and sewer. She runs alot of their sew along projects.

Yes, I've used that software since it first came out. (Still do) That explains a lot!

Ha small world huh ?
Heres her blog if youre interested

http://jennymakesstuff.blogspot.com

She has one on the EQ site as well I think

Very nice! On multiple levels.

Awesome. I love that. Money can't buy that. Priceless...

Obviously, the lady knows her way around fabric and a sewing machine!

If you're looking for some extra cash (for Summer vacation) talk her into creating a few
of these in denim, and various colors, and perhaps various sizes and show them off at
your local ukulele song circle (or make them available to us at UU) and you might be
able to get a few dinners out of the (ie, your wife's) efforts :)

If you have access to an embroidery machine, which can do 'custom' designs, Wow!
personalized, custom gig bags!

keep uke'in',

Thanks folks. I did ask her about marketing them uncle rod, but she said after considering time and material cost shed have to sell them for so much it wouldnt be worth it. I see that with alot of homemade wares these days. When everything is made in china for pennies its hard to compete with a quality made product. Then again. Considering Mya Moe has a year long waiting list maybe Theres a glimmer of hope yet :)

Top Bottom