Kanilea new UV Satin

Dwave

Reaction score
Anyone have a chance to compare the new UV Satin vs Satin. I know how the Gloss compares to the Satin and love the sound of the Satin. What I really want to know is it the same sound as the gloss or somewhere in between the two? I've seen the Kanilea video comparrison but I really can't tell much from the video.

Hard to tell individually...so many other variations in the building process...Good Luck...

Agree with mm stan, so many variations, no two ever will sound identical even if the same gloss, same luthier, etc. Wood is different with each cut and each assembly thus even in production, solid wood ukes are never the same. I played both a satin and gloss and closed my eyes and heard them both and liked them both...both sounded fantastic. I could of bought either one, but ended up getting the K1 Deluxe UV Gloss because it made that curly Koa glimmer and look like flowing liquid as it moved in the light....otherwise they didn't sound exactly the same but the both sounded damn good.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with a Kanilea, they are incredibly well built ukes, super clean builds and all play incredible well. They really have it nailed down.

QUOTE=Dwave;1283941]Anyone have a chance to compare the new UV Satin vs Satin. I know how the Gloss compares to the Satin and love the sound of the Satin. What I really want to know is it the same sound as the gloss or somewhere in between the two? I've seen the Kanilea video comparrison but I really can't tell much from the video.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom