FT: Cigar Box Guitar for Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Not quite a uke but I'd like to trade it for one so I hope the mods allow this listing here. This is a well built three string cigar box guitar. It is tuned gDG so it is pretty easy to play. I've tinkered with it and it is pretty cool but I'm not going to put the time into it that validates me keeping it around. I bought a Marshall Jackhammer distortion pedal for it. You really need one to get the sound you want. I also have a brand new glass slide for it. I bought two. I'll keep the one I've been using and give you the brand new one. I'll also toss in John McNair's DVD, Understanding 3 String Guitars. It's pretty good. So, all told, this rig is worth about $200. It doesn't have a case.
I'd like to trade it for the uke that is sitting in your closet. Either drop me an email, dprovines@provines.net or PM me here.
This isn't me but this is the same sound you get with this rig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7nVZbZue0
IMG_9584.jpgIMG_9585.jpgIMG_9586.jpgIMG_9587.jpgIMG_9588.jpg

Couple of questions.

1. What's the scale length?

2. Where's the pickup?

Nut to saddle is 25" The pickup jack is on the bottom of the box. You can see it in the first of the last set of photos. Where is it actually set inside the box is unknown to me.

So, we can assume it's an acoustic (piezo?) pickup not a coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom