Jazz Ukulele?

Nice sound, but somewhat more mellow and less brightness and less volume than a standard style uke, based on the single one I tried.

It's not really a "jazz" ukulele any more than any other. Jazz is a style you play, not an instrument.

It's that archtop = Jazz association that people have. Makes me think of Tiny Grimes and his archtop tenor guitar. (he's also the original performer of "Train Kept A-rollin')

I dunno what Lyle Ritz played for his Verve Lps, but that's jazz ukulele.

I just got the natural finished one for my birthday a little while ago but only got to play it for a few days because it had to be sent back because of a faulty pickup jack. I loved it alot. The lack of volume didn't bother me, my girl's always yelling at me to play quieter anyways. ;) I think you will like it. Congratulations on your purchase.

I'm playing it here. Not jazzy and not so great, but you may be able to hear it a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jet1ceXMwJ8

Yeah, the lack of volume shouldn't be a problem for me either, since the only time it will be unplugged is for practice and learning new stuff :)

^ Thats some sweet playing mic!

I'm so excited!
I've been playing a "toy" concert ukulele for the past 2 months. I picked up a friend of mine's ukulele ( the "toy") a couple of months ago and fell in love with the uke. I recently had to give it back to him and I've been without a uke since mid december. Now mine is coming!

I love the look of those Kala Arch-tops. They have a classy traditional jazz look to them. I used to play an old Gretsch Electromatic vintage guitar (curly maple). She always turned heads. Those Kala ukes feel much the same to me, but a lot smaller.

congrats on getting a new uke, hope you have fun with it!

Top Bottom