Black Bear Spruce/Brazilian Sopranino

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
Sold
Up for sale is a fine Black Bear sopranino built in October of 2012. It has a European spruce top and salvaged Brazilian rosewood back/sides that came off an old parlor guitar. This is a cool little uke and it has a lot of sound for the size. It’s in excellent condition overall and just has some light strum marks on the top that don’t photograph well (they blend in too well with the spruce top). The neck is Spanish cedar -reinforced with a graphite rod with a Brazilian rosewood peghead overlay and a rosewood fretboard, tuners are Grover frictions in gold. The Bindings are ivoroid and it has a nice herringbone strip down the back and heel.
The scale is 11-1/2” long and I have it tuned to D (up a full step from standard tuning) with Worth clear soprano strings. It really sounds great and I’m only selling because I just don’t play it enough to justify keeping it any more. If you’re looking for a nice travel uke that has some serious bark then this is the one for you! It comes with a hardshell sopranino case that fits perfectly.
Please PM me with any questions, thanks!

Attachments

• BRZ12.jpg
    BRZ12.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 99
  • BRZ1.jpg
    BRZ1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 107
  • BRZ2.jpg
    BRZ2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 100
  • BRZ3.jpg
    BRZ3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 71
  • BRZ4.jpg
    BRZ4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
more Pics

More Pics....

Attachments

• BRZ5.jpg
    BRZ5.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 45
  • BRZ6.jpg
    BRZ6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 59
  • BRZ7.jpg
    BRZ7.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 49
  • BRZ8.jpg
    BRZ8.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 59
  • BRZ9.jpg
    BRZ9.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 41
And a few more.....

Attachments

• BRZ10.jpg
    BRZ10.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 45
  • BRZ11.jpg
    BRZ11.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 37
  • BRZCase.jpg
    BRZCase.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40
Brazilian Rosewood! That's not something you see everyday. If it were a tenor size I'd be all over this. Specialk is a great seller. Buy with 100% confidence.

Thanks for the endorsement Jon! I'm not looking forward to selling this one but I thought I would post it in case someone happens to be looking for something fun.

Brazilian Rosewood! That's not something you see everyday. If it were a tenor size I'd be all over this. Specialk is a great seller. Buy with 100% confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom