Now here's a woodworking shop...

Get that guy some goggles!!

That guy and his mill are a national treasure. What a miracle that such technology is still in use, and can be recorded on YouTube.

Aloha Rick,
Old Style Power from a water wheel, belt drive and antique hand tools...only way to go ..and not get spoiled with power tools...he he I know Chuckie uses power tools and yet he has power tools
but uses solar power, so that is a great compromise. but batteries do cost a arm and leg though....cutting down on man's footprint on this earth and using natural resource power that can be learned by everyone....if everyone saved a little, the world would be a better place, only one thing, labor cost using primitive tools and the cost of the labor time... but something you know that was made that way, I guess to some...maybe cherished more of a handbuilt one of a kind... Just imagine the less pollution and less greenhouse effect we would have...everything costs money, but the world would be a better place to live for the future generations....

Last edited:
That was delightful to watch, Rick. Thanks for posting it. :)

Just renewed my desire to get a couple barrels and a bucket from a gentleman (and his family) still doing coopering east of me.

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting, Rick. I love near the end how he uses his hat to brush the edge clean and then slaps it back on his head! Fits the scene perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=l2KJbRHO76s&NR=1

I'd love to have a line shaft run shop, and I've got a few tools of that era...a 100 year old Crescent 20" band saw, an even older table saw, and a 1920's or '30s Crescent 8" jointer...none in service at this time, but...

Rick, just drive up the road to Wilder Ranch. The old shop is still in operation, and they give demonstrations from time to time.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the line shaft pulleys and belts.
IMG_0024.jpg

Top Bottom