How about a percussion category?

davoomac

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Doing percussion instruments is something I'd love to learn. Stuff like Bongos, Djembe's, box drums, shakers, etc. I mean its part of making music right? :) Having this skill would definitely make jam sessions more fun.

I currently have a little djembe and its a sweet little drum, but I still am mediocre at it. I think that some people on here would benefit from being able to talk about it.

What do you think?

we may be pushing it, but its a good idea. I play drums, not that good, and it does complete any song.

hmm IMO i could do with-out it, but im only into ukuleles though.. I just love the sound, its perfect..

but i don't like drums, tried it once and was waaaaaaay to hard...

My most hated instrument when it comes to guitars/ukes etc is the bass...... hate bass guitars.

hmm IMO i could do with-out it, but im only into ukuleles though.. I just love the sound, its perfect..

but i don't like drums, tried it once and was waaaaaaay to hard...

My most hated instrument when it comes to guitars/ukes etc is the bass...... hate bass guitars.

why do you hate bass guitars? Man I love 'em and i wish i had one. I love all instruments! I love my dijeridoo which is borderline instrument.

why do you hate bass guitars? Man I love 'em and i wish i had one. I love all instruments! I love my dijeridoo which is borderline instrument.
We have much in common. I play drums, uke and guitar, and I wish I could play bass. I learn a new instrument every year now. I would definitely put some posts in the percussion category, but I do admit there are alot of sections to this forum.
yea.... but isn't this supposed to be an ukulele/acoustic site..? haha but yea good idea tho. i play drum set, and snare drum for marching band and it's hella fun.:D
Whooo! I thought I was the only drummer here. Good to see some on this forum.

Idk, I think that if singing was given its own category that percussion would be just as deserving of its own category. I want to learn how to make a box drum :D

It's called 'Ukulele' Underground

Hey - I hate to be a purist, but I hate when sites go off topic. I'd love to see this site remain just about ukulele.

i agree...

I've been a percussionist since 1988, and there's SOOOO MUCH resources out there. To mix it up in here would cause some clutter... I think it's ok to network if you need a drummer or something, but for drumming tips... that should come from a percussion site! yeah?

shoots!
:cool:

Percussion is good and all, but I think a lot of people would benefit from a "Other Instruments" thread. Guitar and bass should be one forum, with video and technique threads inside, singing should have it's own forum, and then "Other Instruments". Because a lot of people would like to talk about instruments that aren't guitars or voice. From percussion to... Musical saw?

I was maybe thinking of taking up some sort of percussion. But I don't have the money or space for a normal drum kit. Also, something that wouldn't anger the parents and neighbours. What would people suggest?

Top Bottom