Which Pono looks better? Cutaway or Non Cutaway

kneeshezoo

Reaction score
Hey what do you think looks better a Pono Tenor with a cutaway or without a cutaway?

-THanks

THanks man! I really can't decide. I like them both. The non cutaway looks more traditional and I don't know if I need those higher frets. Do you use them often?

if you mostly strum chords, you definitely won't be needing that cutaway. if you plan to shred on solos higher than the 12th fret, then maybe you need one. but if not, and if you like the traditional look, i think you know what to do. good luck!

Buying a uke is a personal thing. It should be up to you. Cutaways are for people who actually use all of those frets

You don't have to use the upper frets to get a cutaway, get it for the eye candy and makes you look :cool: and different from all the other traditionalists you know. But really, if it appeals to you, go for it.

People say that beauty is an individual preference, but they are wRoNG. Beauty in a woman is very clearly defined as a waist to hip ratio of .7

Similarly, the curvature of a ukulele is similar to a woman's curvature. I suspect that God modeled the first woman, Lilith, after a ukulele. But I digress.

Keep this in mind: Measure middle inward curve and divide that by the bottom outward curve. The closer it is to .7 the more beautiful it is. Cutaway or non-cutaway is insignificant to asthetics.

Functionally speaking, get the cutaway.

Top Bottom