Uke Building Workshops in NY, NJ, CT, PA?

Did you figure out if you can go to that other uke event in the other thread?

In Morristown...unfortunately no since its Labor Day Weekend I do an art show that Saturday every year and this year I may double down and do another on Sunday as well. So I wont be able to make it. If it was Sunday and Monday that would work perfect but seems like a good deal. Too bad its those days, and its so close less then 20 minutes from me too

I read about these people taking uke building workshops, and it sounds like
a ton of fun.

Anybody possibly know of a luthier possibly offering such a workshop in
NY, NJ, CT, or PA? Thanks.

In the past, Rick Turner has offered to take his class on the road if you can provide a shop that can handle the class, enough students to cover expenses and a place to stay.

Might be worth a try if you can set it up. It truly is a blast and Rick is a fantastic teacher and amazing story teller (true stories that are fascinating). I'd put my uke up against anything twice the cost of the class I took.

Woodcraft in Norwalk, CT, used to have a class for building a Stew-Mac soprano kit, but I don't know if it is still offered. I took a french polishing class there several years ago. If anyone on the area wants to stop by for a shop tour and a demo of whatever operations are on the bench at that time, I'd be happy to oblige.

In the past, Rick Turner has offered to take his class on the road if you can provide a shop that can handle the class, enough students to cover expenses and a place to stay.

Might be worth a try if you can set it up. It truly is a blast and Rick is a fantastic teacher and amazing story teller (true stories that are fascinating). I'd put my uke up against anything twice the cost of the class I took.

that would be sweet! does my house count as a workshop and place to stay??

While the privilege of being instructed by him would be out of the park, isn't he, sorta kinda, 3 time zones away?

Woodcraft in Norwalk, CT, used to have a class for building a Stew-Mac soprano kit, but I don't know if it is still offered. I took a french polishing class there several years ago. If anyone on the area wants to stop by for a shop tour and a demo of whatever operations are on the bench at that time, I'd be happy to oblige.

Very generous of you. Looking forward to meeting you.

Top Bottom