KoAloha Customer Service!

Minotaur53

Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong area, i'm still a novice on the site.

I wanted to post something as a shout out to the guys at KoAloha, and a confirmation of the "Legendary" customer service they are known for.

I bought a KoAlana concert ukulele, from the Ukulele House in Waikiki last month. I brought it back to Vancouver, BC and noticed that the back of the uke had split. I thought this was strange since I had an in-case humidifier and had never had issues with instruments before.

I sent an email to KoAloha to advise them of the split and ask what I should do. I got an email from Brian asking me to send pictures so they could take a look. I sent him a reply with the pictures and waited to hear from him.

A few weeks went by without a response, so I sent them a follow up. I was getting a bit concerned, since I had expected a fairly quick turnaround on my second email. I sent another email to Brian to ask if the photos were received and what he thought about them. Another few days passed and there was no reply from him.

While all this was going on I had been looking into purchasing a KoAloha tenor, I got to try one at the Ukulele House when I bought my KoAlana, but couldn't make the financial leap to the tenor at the time. I decided that I would look around online for options and found a wonderful deal from Scott at Cymbalism Music. After talking to Scott I not only ordered a KoAloha tenor, with LR Baggs pickup, I learned that Brian and the guys were working on the current run of Tenors, which is likely why they hadn't gotten back to me. Knowing this I sent one last email to Brian to let him know that he could get back to me whenever he found some time.

Yesterday I received a message from Brian to ask me to call the factory about my KoAlana. I spoke to him this morning and found out that the KoAlana's had run into an issue during production where they were built under 90% RH. This resulted in a lot of split instruments. He offered me a full refund, as the new KoAlana's or KoAloha Opio as they will be called are about 3 months from completion. He apologized and offered to provide me a full refund through the Ukulele House. I said that I was happy to wait for the new ukes to be done, and told him that even though my KoAlana split I liked it so much that I even bought a tenor KoAloha through Cymbalism. Brian knew about the order and when he found out it was mine, he told me that he would hand pick me a tenor with some nice figuring in the koa. He then asked me my shirt size and will be including a shirt for me as well!

Needless to say I was blown away by this. When I asked Brian what I should do with my current KoAlana, he replied that I could bang on that for now until my new instruments are ready to be shipped and that I will not need to send it back to them either!!!

I wanted to put this post up for anyone else who is thinking about getting a KoAloha product or is trying to contact them for something customer service related. Your patience will likely be rewarded. KoAloha just made my day/week. I am really happy with the service and will no doubt be blown away by the instruments when they arrive.

Sorry for the incredibly long post, but I wanted to pay my respects to the wonderful people at KoAloha :)

Kudos to Koaloha Ukuleles!

Wow! Who else would make that 'resolution'?

keep uke'in',

Awesome. A good customer base takes a long time to develop and short time to destroy. Customer service like you just experienced is priceless and will undoubtedly gain them more loyal customers.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your post. Given some recent stuff about the durability of their product, it's nice to hear this. I've also got a KoAloha tenor and feel more positive about it.
Thanks again. Nice to hear positive things.....always.

KoAloha does it again. Can't wait until the right KoAloha concert crosses my path.

yep, they may be a tad slow[maybe they are on island time], but their customer service is second to none.

i never tire of hearing these stories .

Thanks so much for your post. Given some recent stuff about the durability of their product, it's nice to hear this. I've also got a KoAloha tenor and feel more positive about it.
Thanks again. Nice to hear positive things.....always.

Seems to me that KoAloha really stands behind all their products. After my experience with them, I would say to buy with confidence.

I have experienced and provided great customer service through my work before, but KoAloha is on another level!

Seems to me that KoAloha really stands behind all their products. After my experience with them, I would say to buy with confidence.

I have experienced and provided great customer service through my work before, but KoAloha is on another level!

To further see what kind to people they are, click on the link in my signature area. The story there will tell you all you need to know about them.

KoAloha Opio?

Great story, Min.

wow, that story brought tears, thanks for sharing, it makes me value my 2 Koalohas that much more, besides them being great ukes.
God bless you, your family, and the great folks at Koaloha

You absolutely cannot beat good old fashioned customer service. KoAloha has a customer for life.

wow, that story brought tears, thanks for sharing, it makes me value my 2 Koalohas that much more, besides them being great ukes.
God bless you, your family, and the great folks at Koaloha

You're in Savannah Georgia? We're vacationing at Tybee Island in July.

To further see what kind to people they are, click on the link in my signature area. The story there will tell you all you need to know about them.
A very touching story you shared. Thank you. The Okami family are genuinely sincere and take care of their customers in incredible ways.

yep, they may be a tad slow[maybe they are on island time], but their customer service is second to none.

Ditto. They go above and beyond in terms of warranty, service and ohana. They take forever to answer emails, but I have to remind myself they are on island time, even if I am not. But they have twice now extended amazing service to me personally, and UU is filled with stories from others that have benefitted from their amazing service.

My own Kudos to KoAloha for my PS uke: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...0-Kudos-to-KoAloha-and-a-new-Pineapple-Sunday

Kudos re: a pickup install:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?61768-Kudos-to-KoAloha

Last edited:

I read your story when I first signed up for UU. It cemented my decision that my first K-brand will be a KoAloha. :)

Glad to hear their customer service is so excellent. I can't wait until I am ready to buy a concert from them.

Top Bottom