up-chunking?

I've never seen an up-chunk before, but I have no idea how he's making that noise strumming up! :confused: Try emailing the guy or something

My friend in my 4th period said "If you can do an up chunk, you're officially pro"
These so called "up chunks" are reeeeeally hard. I've asked all my ukulele-playing friends to do or try it, they couldn't pull it off.

Sorry for not being able to help, just wanted to share :p

pretty cool technique.

Doesnt matter how you chunk. Just as long as you do it. LOL

I guess for him its kinda hard to follow a normal strumming pattern such as

D,D,U chunk, U, D.

he probably has his own style of strums.

but nonetheless, i reckon that was awesome

Sure does look like an up-chunk. That's pretty cool. No idea how he does it, but I reckon you can get the same sound with a: D U U X U D.

Now imagine if you can upchunk and downchunk. Then you can really be sir chunkalot. Chunk up. Chunk down. Harder! There! Yes! Chunk Chunk Chunk. up, down, up. X X X. Don't read into that.

isn't he just tapping his foot?

Up chunks are urban myths aren't they? ;)

I think "up-chunking" involves a bottle of alcohol. Somebody had to say it.:eek:

It must involve alcohol, because that is such an awkward way of strumming and he does it so effortlessly. :eek: He does the strumming pattern the complete opposite way I do. Either the sound isn't synched perfectly or this guy just has strange technique that works. XD

It could be that he's muting it with the other side of his hand, but I can't seem to pull it off. Aldrine prbly can tho haha

It looks like he's muting the strings with his middle/ring finger after he strums up to create the chunk. If that's not how he's doing it, I have no idea

It looks like he's muting the strings with his middle/ring finger after he strums up to create the chunk. If that's not how he's doing it, I have no idea

It looks that way to me too. If you look at some of his other videos, he does it in a little better light, though I've yet to figure it out.

Top Bottom