FS: Favilla soprano—great condition and whoa, what a sound!

GinnyT11

Reaction score
This soprano Favilla is in very good condition, with a deep mahogany sound that makes it noticed anywhere. It's been cleaned and shined with guitar polish, and recently dressed with new Worth brown medium strings. Action is very comfortable.
SOUND SAMPLE: (Boomier in person!) https://www.box.com/s/a9mrptbck9uu7xm3szgm

Finish flaws: Please look carefully at the photos in the 3 posts—there are some spots without finish on the fretboard, a scratch on the left of the lower front bout, and a small crack to the left of the sound hole that does not seem to go all the way through. The faceplate is beautiful, but it has a ding on the very top. In general, though, from three feet away, this looks wonderful, way better than most Favillas that turn up on ebay!

I'm selling because I don't need two Favillas. I'm keeping one that has a bigger crack, but it sounds terrific and I love it.

$250 for the uke, plus shp/ins from 27516 (UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail)

Optional add-ons:
Worth brown medium strings (46", for 2 sopranos!) — $13/packet
Barely used vintage tweed case shown in photo — $35

Thanks for your interest. It's a super uke for the price.

uke on case.jpgfront, close.jpgfaceplate.jpgfretboard.jpgfront, 3:4.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh Ginny, that sounds sweet! Any idea how old it is? Has the bridge been reglued?

Good questions, Glenn. I don't know the age, but I'd guess 1950s-60s. I like the darker finish on it, and it's got deep sound, like it has a little woofer engineered into it.

I looked very closely at the bridge and it is solid and does not appear to have been reglued. Looking extremely closely, you can see that the rightmost corner has a tiny space under it. It's only that corner.

bridge 1.jpgbridge 2.jpgbridge 3.jpg

Price drop:

$250 for the uke, plus shp/ins from 27516 (UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail)

Optional add-ons:
Worth brown medium strings (46", for 2 sopranos!) — $13/packet
Barely used vintage tweed case shown in photo — $35

Top Bottom