used stuff at guitar center

bnolsen

Reaction score
I was just at a local guitar center looking for a replacement mic for the pastor's 15 year old mic that seems to be about dead. Anyways I saw a used concert Luna tattoo for 59usd. in good shape, intonation good, nut needs a little work. ugh, run away!

I was just at a local guitar center looking for a replacement mic for the pastor's 15 year old mic that seems to be about dead. Anyways I saw a used concert Luna tattoo for 59usd. in good shape, intonation good, nut needs a little work. ugh, run away!

As a pastor, first let me say thanks for thinking of the mic issue.

As for the Luna? Price is about where the value is.

I have a Luna Tattoo concert and I'm just making friends with it again. My first uke was a Luna Tattoo concert. It drew a big belly within a week of purchase. Took 5 weeks for Luna to exchange it. Thus, my disenchantment with the Luna.

Now that I've settled down it's a pretty good uke for what it is: a laminate with pretty decoration. I have Oasis GPX strings on it and it sounds pretty good for what it is.

I bought my Cordoba tenor used at Guitar Center for $129.00. I love it. They are selling the exact model new there for $199.99. I got a good deal. I like Guitar Center.

You can play the ukulele and visually inspect for lifting bridges, undressed fret ends, intonation at various frets up to the 12th fret (octave) cracks and smooth tuners. Listen for buzzing. Play it medium hard and see how it keeps it's intonation.

As for microphones, don't pass up on guitar Center's secret microphone deal:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gear-One-DRV100-Buy-One-Get-Two-Free-H79030-i2256366.gc

...or you can buy one for the same price:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Digital...c-Cardioid-Handheld-Mic-105930713-i1532394.gc

Here's a review of the combo packs:
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10735

I bought a used Kamaka Standard Deluxe in perfect condition from a local Guitar center for an amazing price. Never know what they might have hiding there

I bought a used Kamaka Standard Deluxe in perfect condition from a local Guitar center for an amazing price. Never know what they might have hiding there

I bought a Parker Fly guitar there that was selling for roughly 40% of its value because it had a bad volume pot; it was otherwise perfect, but I guess they decided it was no good because it didn't make a sound when it was plugged in. I paid less than $100 to get the pot replaced, and had the bargain of the century.

...worth mentioning that Guitar Center does repairs, but they didn't seem to realize they could repair this one.

A few years ago I bought a used Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub p-bass for $200 from Guitar Center because they swore the truss rod was shot. The top bolt was just stripped out. It took my repair guy 5 minutes to get it out and put in a new one.

I also bought a Fender Mike Dirnt p-bass from another GC for $150 because they didn't know what it was.

Guitar Center employees aren't the most knowledgeable imho.

GC has some good points and some bad points. My experience with then has been mostly terrible (Denver, Reno) I am glad to hear some people are having some good luck with them.

Top Bottom