Vintage Martins

guitharsis

Reaction score
Five vintage Martins on sale for Jazz Fest at Bernunzio's
www.bernunzio.com

This week Martin Style 3M ("Time Capsule" uke) on sale at Bernunzio's $3500 marked down to $2000 Newsletter price M3SM

Great deal for a vintage Martin collector! (NFI)

Last edited:
I've never see a lower price for a vintage Martin 3M in that pristine a condition

Must have sold the rest only see two martin guitars...I just saw the thread...sheesh
They are still there , you must be looking in the wrong place. Woo Hoo Hoo !

I've never see a lower price for a vintage Martin 3M in that pristine a condition

My Style 3 is hardly pristine, but that price sure makes me feel good about what I paid for mine! Mine was $1000 less.

They are still there , you must be looking in the wrong place. Woo Hoo Hoo !

Okay Pete thank you I found it...was 3500...holy moly...they dropped it down a grand and still it is high to me...shoots.. I remember a four or 5 years ago they were only like 700.00
I should have invested it them back then....I mean at 3500, that is 5X increase in value wow wow wow I was never a savvy investor... :)

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I just bought this Martin 1k :)

34g51qp.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I just bought this Martin 1k :)

34g51qp.jpg

I thought this was the real find on the Bernunzio list-- they're pretty rare, it's in great shape, and the price was right. Almost grabbed it myself-- nice snag!

Not to start an argument here,but although the style 3 does look very nice;
it looks more like a 1950's model than a 1930's.
I'm sure that it sounds great either way (I'm a Martin guy through and through).
Just wanted to give my two cents before anyone puts down cash,do a little research into what a 1930's neck looks like.
I may be dead wrong,but just a heads up.
Bill

I guess it had a side crack repaired.

I have purchased from Bernunzio's a time or 2 and they are good folks. My old 3M with the Kite on the headstock came from there.

Bernunzio's has been in business for many years. They are honest, reliable and very knowledgeable. I've purchased many instruments there and have sold some on consignment.

I meant in no way to imply that Burninzio's was being anything but honest.
I did say that I could be wrong. It's just that to me,the fretboard looked more like a 50's than a 30's.
I own 14 Martins,and also enjoy looking at them on the google net,but do not consider myself an expert.
I know that there are no ( well very few),hard and fast rules with dating Martin ukuleles.
I just thought that it might be a good idea to check it out before laying out that kind of coin.
I promise to never try to help again.
Bill

Didn't get the impression you were implying anything. Did think you we're just trying to be helpful. Believe anyone can make an honest mistake, even the experts at Bernunzio's.

Great sale - unfortunately, not a vintage Martin tenor in the bunch. Would love to have a Guild baritone, but theirs is a bit too high for me based on the condition, particularly the ugly jack in the side.

To me, it appears to be right around 1940: still has the parend, but dots for position markers.

I meant in no way to imply that Burninzio's was being anything but honest.
I did say that I could be wrong. It's just that to me,the fretboard looked more like a 50's than a 30's.
I own 14 Martins,and also enjoy looking at them on the google net,but do not consider myself an expert.
I know that there are no ( well very few),hard and fast rules with dating Martin ukuleles.
I just thought that it might be a good idea to check it out before laying out that kind of coin.
I promise to never try to help again.
Bill

I thought this was the real find on the Bernunzio list-- they're pretty rare, it's in great shape, and the price was right. Almost grabbed it myself-- nice snag!

Congrats. I'll be interested to hear how you like the pegheads on it. It's a beauty.

Top Bottom