Parrot Wood Fire Goddess

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Body and Top Parrot Wood
Red Coral Markers
Bloodwood Binding
Red Coral and Recon Stone Inlay
Southern Pine and Walnut Burl Headstock Background

The parrot wood bent well but it was a bugger to fill the pores. I would't use it for a top again.goddess_inlay.jpggoddess_sidebody.jpggoddess_endgraft.jpggoddess_full.jpgMy wife wanted to know why the lady was standing in a bucket? Ouch.

Last edited:
What a work of art! A thing of beauty indeed! Video of what it sounds like?

Oh, for Christ's sake. How am I supposed to compete with that?!?!

Just kidding! That is quite amazing and inspired. Nice work!

Guess you gotta splain to her about Pele!
Really pretty instrument!

So did you get any inspriration from Chuck as many of the lines remind me of his w/ slight variations? Your endgraft looks upside down

Chucks work is always inspirational. He shows us what can be achieved if you have enough skill. Most of us don't. I'm not saying I do. My design esthetic (what I think looks good) comes largely from familial background and 10 years as a photographer. My father was a master artist during the period between world war 1 and 2 and later doing things like running set painting crews for MGM Grand for movies like The Wizard of Oz. I'm attracted to the strong on composition simple easy to access design of that period. My photography reflected that as well and the inlay designs I use look a lot like my photography.

As far as the endgraft looking upside down......you say potato I say something else.

So did you get any inspriration from Chuck as many of the lines remind me of his w/ slight variations? Your endgraft looks upside down

umm, reminds him of my what? I think its a fantastic looking uke.

btw found some nice figuered koa back and side woods. goodluck.

chuck

Chucks work is always inspirational. He shows us what can be achieved if you have enough skill. Most of us don't. I'm not saying I do. My design esthetic (what I think looks good) comes largely from familial background and 10 years as a photographer. My father was a master artist during the period between world war 1 and 2 and later doing things like running set painting crews for MGM Grand for movies like The Wizard of Oz. I'm attracted to the strong on composition simple easy to access design of that period. My photography reflected that as well and the inlay designs I use look a lot like my photography.

As far as the endgraft looking upside down......you say potato I say something else.

Umm, maybe I got mixed up, how do you all know my Ukes? I gave most of them away, or donated to Childrens Hospital for kids to play.

Maybe I misunderstood?

Chuck

Umm, maybe I got mixed up, how do you all know my Ukes? I gave most of them away, or donated to Childrens Hospital for kids to play.

Maybe I misunderstood?

Chuck

I suspect they were referring to Chuck Moore of Moore Bettah Ukuleles fame. :D

It's beautiful, Michael!

I suspect they were referring to Chuck Moore of Moore Bettah Ukuleles fame. :D

It's beautiful, Michael!

Ah! I was thinking I was getting back handed compliments for offering a suggestion to make the saddle fit better. I offer my apologies and relief! whew

Chuck

Top Bottom