just got my kala spruce top...

bundy

Reaction score
and im kinda dissappointed.

i was really lookin forward to having it and ive played it for the past 20 mins or so and i dont think i like how it sounds. i kinda prefer the sound of my applause soprano. i prolly shouldnt have bought a new ukulele anyway, i prolly should have gave it to my mom to help her out. most likely im gonna try to sell it and give the most of the money to my mom and try to get a makala tenor then sell my applause. anyone interested? ehhh, oh well. happy new year everyone.

i'd suggest giving it a bit more time b4 you decide what to do... i was disappointed with both of my newest ukes when i first got them because i'd built up this excitement and expectation that they would be AMAZING. of course they are not amazing... but they are very nice and now i love them... the more i play them the more i get to know the sound and appreciate it. give it a week or 2 and see if you still feel the same way.

It could be the strings too... With all three ukes I've gotten, I hated the sound at first. But then, after swaping out the factory strings:

Wala!

Much much better.

I love my kala spruce top, and I'm not afraid to say it! So I am biased. But I'd repeat what the others have said, and recommend giving it some time, and DEFINITELY new strings if it's not from MGM.

since ive played it yesterday it started sounding better. it sounds great actually. i guess theres a break in time with ukes? idk. anyway, im still prolly gonna sell my ukes and give the money to my mom and try to get a makala tenor or something in a year or so.

since ive played it yesterday it started sounding better. it sounds great actually. i guess theres a break in time with ukes? idk. anyway, im still prolly gonna sell my ukes and give the money to my mom and try to get a makala tenor or something in a year or so.

Most solid top ukes do need time to "break in" and do sound better with age and playing. There is so much variety/diversity in uke sound and there is definitely differing opinions on what is a good sounding uke. With so much to choose from, it's probably a good idea to play or listen to as many ukes as you can. For me, it's not about "one" type of sound, or "one" look. I love ukes in many differing sounds and looks.

I think a common issue I've seen here on the forum is that people will hype up a particular import uke that cost less than $200, saying how nice it sounds, how good it looks, how good it plays, etc. which sometimes creates false expectations. Don't get me wrong, the import ukes are amazing for the price, however, a $200 import will most likely not equal a $1000 US made uke.

I hope you find a way to keep and enjoy your Kala, however, if your heart is not into it, sell it.

Most solid top ukes do need time to "break in" and do sound better with age and playing. There is so much variety/diversity in uke sound and there is definitely differing opinions on what is a good sounding uke. With so much to choose from, it's probably a good idea to play or listen to as many ukes as you can. For me, it's not about "one" type of sound, or "one" look. I love ukes in many differing sounds and looks.

I think a common issue I've seen here on the forum is that people will hype up a particular import uke that cost less than $200, saying how nice it sounds, how good it looks, how good it plays, etc. which sometimes creates false expectations. Don't get me wrong, the import ukes are amazing for the price, however, a $200 import will most likely not equal a $1000 US made uke.

I hope you find a way to keep and enjoy your Kala, however, if your heart is not into it, sell it.

i actually like the kala alot. im selling just to help my mom out with rent and stuff.

just think, ur uke is bettre than mine...

maybe you will like it more now :D

Top Bottom