Is this worth it? Beatnik's Ukulele Song Book

If you haven't already, take a look at chordie.com. It has thousands of songs. You can display the chords for quite a few different instruments, including the ukulele. You can also choose different tunings. Some songs will also allow you to transpose to a different key. You can print the songs to pdf, allowing you to save a permanent copy of the song. If I understand correctly, the Songbook software doesn't allow you to save songs.

If you haven't already, take a look at chordie.com. It has thousands of songs. You can display the chords for quite a few different instruments, including the ukulele. You can also choose different tunings. Some songs will also allow you to transpose to a different key. You can print the songs to pdf, allowing you to save a permanent copy of the song. If I understand correctly, the Songbook software doesn't allow you to save songs.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to check it out.

Based on the intro video you CAN save songs (PDF's) from the songbook. It even says, that it isn't a source, but rather a collection of free documents on the internet; organized and categorized, but ultimately, the links are to the documents on the internet.

At least that is my understanding. It does make it nice and convenient. I realize that it is all on the internet, and that I could find it all myself if I hunt enough... just curious if it is $30 good...

That sounds like a pretty good deal!! 100% satisfaction, free updates, download up to 6 computers etc. I don't think you can go wrong....as long as the songs are ones you know or have heard of!

I bought it a while ago but don't use it much after I copied all that I wanted from it. There isn't a lot of updating going on as far as I can tell. You can find the songs with google and some hunting so it's what is your time worth type thing. I guess if you are initially getting songs together in your songbook it might be worth it.

I do use Chordie.com because I like the ability to change key and I can upload the songs into the SongBook ChordPro iPad app which I use a lot

Top Bottom